Need Help with Water

Options
I have a problem where I don't drink enough water during the day. It's not that I am drinking anything else; it's just that I have a problem remembering to drink it. Does anyone have anything that worked for them as far as reminders to drink enough?

Replies

• Melissa_Roy189
    Melissa_Roy189 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I keep a 24 oz bottle infornt of me. Then I end up grabing it with out thinking about it! I also have a bottle with a straw, which I find helps me sip away at it quicker with out noticing. And never let it be empty.
  • becksini
    becksini Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I always have a water bottle with me, and at meals I try to take a sip every few bites or so! Hope that helps!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Before you eat any meal and or snack make yourself drink 1 whole bottle of water. By doing this it is a natural way to get you full quicker.
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Buy you a large water bottle. I bought one that is 32 ozs. Keep it filled up and carry it with you at all times. All you have to do is fill it up twice and you have got your 8 glasses in a day:) Good luck to you. You can do it!!!
  • leighshutter
    leighshutter Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Drink a glass of water before you eat every meal. Also make sure to drink a cup of water before and after every workout.
  • michalita
    michalita Posts: 27
    Options
    I bought a 1-liter water bottle and fill it up and empty it repeatedly during the day. Having the measurements marked somehow makes it more of a contest for me to see if I can drink it all by a certain time, etc. Works for me!
  • CrazyAdventure
    CrazyAdventure Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I always make sure to have a bottle of water next to me during each meal and every snack.
  • AKAngi
    AKAngi Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes! I used to have the same problem...both remembering to drink it, and being motivated to drink it.

I bought myself a water bottle that was easy to carry around and that had a straw...for one, having a fun new water bottle was a good motivation...you know, "I spent the money on this, I'm sure as heck gonna use it!" Secondly, the straw helps a LOT - you drink a lot more with a straw, without realizing how much you're drinking.

This is the bottle I got: http://www.amazon.com/Camelbak-Insulated-Better-Bottle-Valve/dp/B004YWGWC0/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1308599353&sr=8-16

...(well, really close anyway) and it's been so much easier to drink water. I make sure to fill it at night and keep it in the refrigerator so it's nice and cold the next day, and then I just made myself get in the habit of almost always carrying it with me.

Also, if you are REALLY having a hard time, try getting those Crystal Light individual serving packets to mix with your bottle of water. I don't recommend always drinking them because nothing really beats the value of pure water, but they might help. :)

Good luck!
  • moriaht
    moriaht Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    I keep a bottle with me all the time. When i leave the house i make sure i have one with me. it helped me to buy a nice looking one that doesnt leak when its on its side or in my purse.
  • cjjones007
    cjjones007 Posts: 602
    Options
    Honestly - I find that using a 33.8oz "SmartWater" bottle and reminding myself to fill it 3+ times a day works great
    That way I'm not counting glasses, but just need to get 3 bottles in lol

That has helped wonders as each "bottle" is 4 of my glasses
  • crazywheaten
    Options
    I used to drink next to nothing all day. For whatever reason it didn't even occur to me to go and get water or anything else for that matter. Since starting MFP I have a ginormous plastic cup that goes with me everywhere. I always have lemons on hand to flavor it up and a straw to make it as mindless as possible. I have a long commute to work so before I even start my work day I've almost always put away 24 oz. Having to log your water in MFP helps remind you, as well.
  • McKnightAM
    McKnightAM Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Honestly - I find that using a 33.8oz "SmartWater" bottle and reminding myself to fill it 3+ times a day works great
    That way I'm not counting glasses, but just need to get 3 bottles in lol

That has helped wonders as each "bottle" is 4 of my glasses

Same here! lol Except I use the 23.7fl oz bottle but it still helps .
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Buy you a large water bottle. I bought one that is 32 ozs. Keep it filled up and carry it with you at all times. All you have to do is fill it up twice and you have got your 8 glasses in a day:) Good luck to you. You can do it!!!

^This! I just found my 32oz water bottle and it has become my best friend.. Fill it up twice and I'm done for the day!
    The two cups I drink during my nightly exercise is just a bonus then!
  • anewattitude
    anewattitude Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    You could just leave yourself a little reminder note on the fridge or set an alert on your cell phone.. whatever works. For me, I usually keep a water glass on the counter and when I go to work I make sure to bring some bottled water. Eventually it will become second nature to you. I actually have friends on my list who post water checks on their status which I find helpful too!

Good luck!
  • mcalabrese79
    Options
    I personally keep water in front of me at all times. Actually it sits right by my monitor so that everytime I look up, its right there. A friend of mine had a reminder on her computer that pops up every 1/2 hour for her to drink her water. She will usually down nearly half a bottle (typically a bottle will last her an hour and a half). For me, the pop up would be annoying but it works for her and then she built a habit and then her body just asks for it now.
  • christinaincamo
    Options
    As soon as my feet hit the floor, I head to the kitchen and down 6 glasses. Great way to get a head start. I try not to drink right before or during a meal because I have been advised that liquids can dilute the digestive enzymes.