I really didnt think I could do this...

Options
okay so... I started with MFP beginning of April... My sister had using it and losing weight since January.. when I started, she was at 32 lbs lost... I remember thinking to myself "wow, Im never gonna lose that much weight... never!"..... and here I am, after my weigh in this weekend, at 32 lbs lost! I cried when I logged it, because I seriously didnt think I could do what she did.. Ive tried to lose weight so many times, even having surgery didnt work for me.. But im doing it... Then saturday I went shopping for some new pants.. Well, I tried on a pair that I reallllllllllly thought would be too tight.. BUT THEY FIT!!! not only do they fit, I didnt have to suck in to button or zip them!!!!! They fit my body PERFECTLY!!! So naturally, I thought to myself, okay, they must run big.... But then I tried on a pair of jeans, same size, and THEY FIT TOO!!!! I was like OMG!!! So needless to say, I was so excited, I now have 3 new pairs of dress slacks for work, and a new pair of jeans.. all 2 sizes smaller than I was 87 days ago.... My sister is now at 42 lbs lost, and shrinking out of all of her clothes, and I tell myself everyday when im exercising with her..... you can do it too Mindy! YOURE DOING IT WITH HER!!! I know in my heart, there is NO WAY any of this would be happening to me without the support and motivation that I get from my sister.. She has put me on the path to a healthy and beautiful life.. and I hope that one day she looks at me and is as proud of me as I am her :) There will never be words that will express my true and sincere appreciation for the inspiration she has given me.. I LOVE YOU MITZI!!!!!!

Replies

• Hodar
    Hodar Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    So, what made the difference?

For me, it's KNOWING the number of calories I need, and making sure that I do't exceed them. What made this work for you?
  • stephcorona
    stephcorona Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your hardwork!
  • spfau1973
    spfau1973 Posts: 1
    Options
    How did you lose that much weight so fast.? Is that normal? That gives me hope.
  • MindyLynn77
    MindyLynn77 Posts: 126
    Options
    So, what made the difference?

For me, it's KNOWING the number of calories I need, and making sure that I do't exceed them. What made this work for you?

Eating healthy.. and exercising....... Watching my sister do it and getting tips from her with the types of food i eat and exercises I do :)
  • uniquesoul73
    uniquesoul73 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    congratulations!!!!!
  • Stormy60
    Stormy60 Posts: 1
    Options
    Great job! You should be very proud.
  • MindyLynn77
    Options

Like most ppl I thought fruit was healthy, so i was eating it all day every day.. ITS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!!! If you look at your sugar intake everyday, the days you eat fruit, youre probably going to go over.... I also do strength training atleast every other day to help me burn fat in that aspect... I eat veggies every day, not much fried food...and I truly believe the kicker is, that I drink ATLEAST 17 glasses of water per day.. To flush my sodium.. I dont know if that helps, but its how Im doing it :) Good Luck!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I've been doing this since November, and I just hit the 50 (+) pound mark in my weigh-in today. I was so excited!!! It's been so helpful to actually see what I eat each day, which decisions were good, which were bad. Love it!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. It's wonderful that you found inspriation through your sister and that you two can support each other through this!
  • MindyLynn77
    Options
    I've been doing this since November, and I just hit the 50 (+) pound mark in my weigh-in today. I was so excited!!! It's been so helpful to actually see what I eat each day, which decisions were good, which were bad. Love it!

That is AWESOME!!!!! congratulationsssssssssssssss
  • EmsyLou77
    EmsyLou77 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Amazing, well done!:smile:
  • Sly77
    Sly77 Posts: 21
    Options
    Well done! That is awesome... :-)
  • bmw4deb
    bmw4deb Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    great job
  • Solat37_Neil
    Solat37_Neil Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    My story is almost identical to yours, I have tried and tried in the past and failed every time, and part of me was resigned to the fact I was a "big" bloke. Then I saw my weight almost hit 25 stones (350) and I vowed to get it sorted. That was in April this year, and I'm now at 32 lbs down too, I can't get my head round the fact that this time is different and I'm succeeding!! No more "big" bloke!!

Mega congrats on your achievements, may there be many more for both of us :happy:
  • Purple_Orchid_87
    Purple_Orchid_87 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    i started on 29th March and I too have lost 32lbs!
    well done :o)
    so proud of your journey so far babe
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options

Like most ppl I thought fruit was healthy, so i was eating it all day every day.. ITS NOT GOOD FOR YOU!!! If you look at your sugar intake everyday, the days you eat fruit, youre probably going to go over.... I also do strength training atleast every other day to help me burn fat in that aspect... I eat veggies every day, not much fried food...and I truly believe the kicker is, that I drink ATLEAST 17 glasses of water per day.. To flush my sodium.. I dont know if that helps, but its how Im doing it :) Good Luck!

I agree I eat only 2 servings of fruit before 3 pm and lots of veggies, water and of course protein, btw Congrats on your weight loss !!
  • dearkr
    dearkr Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    17 glasses of water a day?! Omg, i swear i pee every 30 minutes as it is just drinking 10..... Great Job!!
  • jaajh
    jaajh Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    Well done! I started dieting at the beginning of April too - but have only lost 4lbs BUT that was before joining MFP 5 days ago! I feel like I have more of an idea of where I went wrong now, so hopefully I too can soon see results like yours!

Thanks for the inspiration!
  • spinurbuttoff
    Options
    You give me hope that I can do it too! WAY TO GO!!!:smile:
  • dperez108
    dperez108 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success keep up the hard work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!