I WENT TO THE DR. OVER 6 MONTHS AGO AND NOW!!!!!

Options
I went to the doctor over 6 months ago to be tested for PCOS. I had higher levels of testosterone but not very high. She told me then that I didnt have it. :grumble: I went back for an insulin resistence test and the results were normal. She told me that I didn't have PCOS.:grumble: I have been having problems losing weight and she new that. Well I had a cholesterol test done and its high and NOW she tells me that she wants to treat me for the PCOS because the cholesterol is a sign of it!:noway:

So glad for the help but so frustrated for the time.:explode:

It will work better now anyway bc ive changed my eating habbits alot. God is never late He is always right on time!:embarassed: I know that, I just have to remind myself.

Replies

• JenniferMann24
    Options
    I went to the doctor over 6 months ago to be tested for PCOS. I had higher levels of testosterone but not very high. She told me then that I didnt have it. :grumble: I went back for an insulin resistence test and the results were normal. She told me that I didn't have PCOS.:grumble: I have been having problems losing weight and she new that. Well I had a cholesterol test done and its high and NOW she tells me that she wants to treat me for the PCOS because the cholesterol is a sign of it!:noway:

So glad for the help but so frustrated for the time.:explode:

It will work better now anyway bc ive changed my eating habbits alot. God is never late He is always right on time!:embarassed: I know that, I just have to remind myself.
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options
    Soory to hear that it took so long to figure it out. What is PCOS.?Because I have higher cholesterol and have trouble losing weight. Even though I stick to a low cal diet and work out at least 5 days a week for an hour.
  • JenniferMann24
    Options
    PCOS is polycystic ovarys. It usually has high testosterone, insulin resistence, weight gain and can cause you to have trouble having children.
  • sleepytee
    Options
    PCOS is polycystic ovary syndrome . Having high cholesterol alone does not mean you have it. I have been treated for PCOS for about 8 years now and my cholesterol is perfect. That's just one of the symptoms. Some other symptoms are : hard time losing weight, infertility, excessive facial hair, acne (especially on the lower half of the face), irregular periods, darkened skin on neck and arms and skin tags. A great website to get more info is : soulcysters.com. Lots of info for anyone who thinks they might have it or if you've been recently diagnosed.

Good luck to you!
  • sleepytee
    Options
    YES!!! Insulin Resistance is a big indicator!!!! Thank you!
  • gebnpb
    gebnpb Posts: 166
    Options