Weekends are a struggle?

Options
I've been on my weightless journey since December and each weekend I have messed up. Last night I had 4 Coors light, today I had a plate of french fries. OK not a major mess up but it happens every weekend. Any advice?

Replies

• HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You just have to be stricter on the weekends. That's all you really can do. Maybe drop some cals in the week to offset for the weekend but really you are in control of what you eat.
  • raishiwi
    raishiwi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Meal prep, meal prep, meal prep!
  • lainy1979
    lainy1979 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Coors Light is my drink of choice at the minute. I have a few bottles over the weekend. I suppose as long as its logged it doesn't matter too much if you stray from your daily allowance. If you were messing up every day of the week then that would be an issue.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Meh. I see nothing wrong with being a little less strict on the weekend. Notice I said "a little". Make sure you're still logging everything. Going a bit over your calorie goal once or twice a week is OK. Going so far over that you undo all the good work you did during the week? Not so much.
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    The question is why weekends. Are you bored? Is your weekly deficit too low? Tired of the same meals over and over? Or, when you go a bit over on weekends, how much does it actually hurt? Can you absorb the sodium and beers in your weekly deficit?
  • dave_in_ni
    dave_in_ni Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    HutchA12 wrote: »
    You just have to be stricter on the weekends. That's all you really can do. Maybe drop some cals in the week to offset for the weekend but really you are in control of what you eat.

I eat 1500 cals per day, over the course of a week my deficit allows for these *kitten* up but I still feel bad about doing it you know.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    1500 is the minimum recommended for guys. How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Maybe you're being too restrictive.
  • 88meli88
    88meli88 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    It has to work w your lifestyle. Option 1. Work w a weekly calorie budget and not daily. Give yourself a lower budget from M to F and higher on weekends. Option 2. work out harder on weekends
  • FGTisme
    FGTisme Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Is it slowing your weight loss down? That's when I would worry about it. If not, enjoy it! What's to feel guilty about? As long as it is fitting in your goals, you're golden.

If it is hindering your progress, start planning an indulgence in. Bank some calories during the week. You can go 100 under goal for a few days, if that's workable, then use those saved calories on the weekend. Or, up your exercise on the weekend to make up for it.
  • seayemily100
    seayemily100 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It's hard, but over time it gets better. I did the same thing (been losing for about 10 months now) and I notice as I keep going along I keep getting better about it. Think about your hard work that you're putting into weight loss. If you mess up, find a way to excersize a little bit. It reminds you of how hard it is to make up for those little mess ups. I always adjust my calorie goal so I have a few extra on the weekend anyway. Good luck!
  • swim777
    swim777 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tougher for me too. I am really faithful with planning and sticking to my diet during the week, but feel like I need to relax some with it on the weekend. I think planning ahead for what you really want, adding in some exercise so you can have more calories, and log so you can see the calories is the best thing. My theory is I can have some of what I want, but not everything. (A nice dinner but not a whole day of eating too much).
  • saires_au
    saires_au Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I eat a little less during the week to save up calories for the weekend, knock 100 calories off mon-fri and use those extra 500 calories on the weekend for a treat/beer:eating out etc.

The app allows you to track your weekly average calories in the nutrition section
  • lezerlies
    lezerlies Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I usually eat more on the weekends so I make a point of exercising more so I still end up with a deficit. Not a big one, but one.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    i tried the light beer route for a bit, couldn't do it. stick to full flavored full calorie beers, and just drink less.

pro-tip, to help me learn self control, i would only put 2-3 beers in the fridge, the rest would be in the pantry. so that way, i would only drink the cold beers, and couldn't go for more.