How To Fill Macros

Options
Hey all,

Been doing a slow bulk for a few months with a macro break down of 1g protein per lb and .4g fat per lb with the rest carbs. I enjoy doing quite a bit of cardio as well and realize I need to eat back those calories to remain in a surplus. My question is where I should get those extra calories from? A mix of more fats, carbs and protein or one more so than the others? Thanks!

Replies

• mixa4u
    mixa4u Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Whatever you want from. 1 pro and 0'4 fat it is minimum intake.
  • CodyQuinlan
    CodyQuinlan Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Depends on your body for me I found keeping my fats relative high and on the same level as my carbs say 40% and 40% allows me to gain weigh as me metabolism is annoyingly high. If yours is not I would fill the remaining calories with carbs
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    As @mixa4u said the protien and fat macros is minimum level. Nothing stopping you from eating more other than health issues you may have.

• nordicskier47
    nordicskier47 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have a high metabolism so I'll experiment increasing my fat intake as I've been at the minimum .4g for a while and the gains have slowed lately. No problems hitting carbs and protein.
  • schnecky13
    schnecky13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    If you're trying to gain weight the general rule of thumb is to eat about 1.8-2.0g/kg of your body weight. To find your body weight in kg just divide by 2.2 and you're done. Next I would suggest multiplying your carbs by 6-8g/kg and once you have your calories figured out with those two, whatever room you have left fill in with fat. It really isn't a huge issue how high your fat intake is. You just want to make sure your carbs and protein are high. It comes down to basically just eating a ton of food everyday and drinking a lot of water
  • schnecky13
    schnecky13 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Also if your macros are working out for you as they are, try upping your carbs. Since you mentioned liking to do cardio it's important to restore your glycogen stores for cardio and weight lifting. This will help put on muscle and weight in general!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    20/20/60.