Water alternatives!

Options
Just getting back into my diet. My main struggle is what I drink. I am a Pepsi holic and love my triple triples too. Water is obviously on the board when it comes to healthy drink choices.. but would love to hear what you guys enjoy drinking too

Replies

• booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Water. Coffee. Wine. But not necessarily in that order. :wink:
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Water, soda water with lime or lemon juice, tea (iced and hot), diet soda, beer, wine.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Non-caloric: Water, ice tea, diet soda, coffee, flavored waters.

Caloric: Protein shakes, coffee w/creamer, iced coffee, occasional glass of fruit juice, beer, mixed drinks, occasional glass of wine.
  • chimaerandi
    chimaerandi Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I drink diet mountain dew, coffee, and tea like I can only save the world by defeating it, ahaha.

I drink fruit infused water on the next tier down, I am trying to increase it, but it's not really affecting my goals so it's kind of a low priority.

I have a glass of really excellent whiskey once a week.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Coffee!!! U Penn did a study... turns out it Does NOT dehydrate you! It just hydrates you slightly less effectively than water. Not enough of a difference to worry about when your tracking.... Just remember to track milk/creamers and sweeteners.
  • kristieshannon
    kristieshannon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I buy the crystal lite singles-you can get a big pack at Costco. They even have varieties now that have caffeine in them!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of seltzer I fizz up myself with my sodastream. I either drink it plain or add a little flavor with extracts (my favorites are lime, cranberry, and black current) which average about 5 calories for the 1/4 teaspoon I need.

Recently I have been on a post-surgical restricted diet and have been eating a lot of gelatin. It suddenly hit me that I am making it with 2 cups of water so each batch counts! I don't want the sugar in regular and hate the taste of sugar free so I make it with unflavored gelatin and either Crystal Light or Mio which tastes much better.
  • CelinaaXo
    CelinaaXo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input everyone much appreciated!!
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    For whatever reason I can drink water much easier at room temperature.
  • svinson319
    svinson319 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love my fizzy drinks and my sodastream has been a lifesaver. There are plenty of calorie free "water enhancers" out there for flavor.
  • Ani2bfit
    Ani2bfit Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I like to drink lemon water. Just squeeze a lemon into a bottle of water. It is good to drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning.
  • emmam1212
    emmam1212 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I've been drinking a ton of herbal teas. Mint tea helps curb hunger and green tea helps speed up the metabolism. Plus it helps keeps you hydrated!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,767 Member
    Options
    Someone's gotta fill me in. I'm a figure skater, so triple-triple means something COMPLETELY different to what I think you mean.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Coffee, diet drinks noncarbonated, tea, water infusions fruit juice
  • cbtebb
    cbtebb Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Water, coffee (black like my soul :P), green tea, regular tea (just milk)
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Two years ago all I drank was a 2 litre bottle of diet coke every day, sometime more. I signed up for a 50day eating and exercise challenge at my gym which included no caffeine or fizzy drinks. I survived on water and fruit flavoured teas.
    Expect headaches from caffeine withdrawal, it's worth it though, my hair and skin are in a lot better condition now. I still have the occasional can of diet coke, as a treat.
  • MarvinSanderford
    MarvinSanderford Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am not very complicated and am a former Pepsi-holic. "Hi, my name is Marvin and I am a Pepsi-holic". I was born/raised and currently live in NC.... birthplace of Pepsi! lol. In the last few years as I have been working on this weight thing, I have looked for healthier alternatives to soft drinks. My first stop was fruit juice, but oddly enough, a majority of them were just as bad as soft drinks as far as calories and/or sugar were concerned. After further exploration with different kinds of water (I cannot stand plain water) like Vita-Water, etc, I landed on tea. I get unsweetened tea, then add a select amount of sugar (Splenda) to it and as time goes by, I slowly decreased the amount of sugar until I had like 3 teaspoons of sugar in a half gallon container of tea. And when I want that soft drink fizz and taste, I go for Diet Rite cola. It is an awesome replacement for soft drinks and the calories/sugar are practically negligible. So there ya go.... tea and diet rite for this Carolina boy! :smiley:
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    You can reduce the calorie load on your favourite drinks. For instance switching to skim milk and sugar free syrups for your coffee.
  • jessicapk
    jessicapk Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I drink a lot of seltzer I fizz up myself with my sodastream. I either drink it plain or add a little flavor with extracts (my favorites are lime, cranberry, and black current) which average about 5 calories for the 1/4 teaspoon I need.

Recently I have been on a post-surgical restricted diet and have been eating a lot of gelatin. It suddenly hit me that I am making it with 2 cups of water so each batch counts! I don't want the sugar in regular and hate the taste of sugar free so I make it with unflavored gelatin and either Crystal Light or Mio which tastes much better.

@earlnabby Thanks for the Mio gelatin tip!!! I've got to try this.