Rewards for milestones/goal.....

Options
Does your spouse/partner reward you when you reach certain milestones/goals (it doesn't have to be a large goal or small goal)? Do they give you something every time you reach a goal in your weight loss? I am just curious because my husband recently asked me what I would like when I reach my official weight loss goal and I honestly couldn't think of what I would want. I keep setting such small goals so that I can reach them that I never really thought of the actual goal I want to achieve. I just wondering what anyone else uses as rewards for whatever milestone you reach. :smile:

Replies

• diembroadhurst
    Options
    My hubby doesn't particularly - but I make sure I do. It will almost certainly be non food related - new necklace, new makeup, pamper session, new clothes etc. I haven't set any mini goals or rewards at the moment - I really must, I quite like buying myself stuff as rewards!!! lol!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Smaller clothes is my reward. When I got under the 200 lb. mark I went and bought myself a new outfit. You could ask for new things for the house or maybe a new lap top if you need one.
  • NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I keep telling hubby I want a motorcycle when I reach goal..but he wont have any of it so I have to think of something else..LOL..but I really want one...
  • MrsSki
    MrsSki Posts: 196
    Options
    I agree, smaller clothes is always a good reward. :-) But if your hubby wants to get you something special, maybe you should just hint that you'd like a gift from him? Jewelry? A trip? Something along those lines?
  • thesoprano
    Options
    Setting small goals is surely important. It helps you to stay on track by boosting your confidence and seeing real and tangible results. But you don't want to forget about the final goal either. Since you are doing so well with your small goals, why not take and hide $100 (or whatever amount) after reaching the smaller goals and when you do reach your final goal, you can treat yourself to something much nicer than you normally come across.

My final prize is a tailor-cut Ralph Lauren suit. :)
  • Mrs_TrimWaistFatWallet
    Options
    My fiance doesn't seem to overly celebrate with gifts/rewards for milestones, but he is definitely happy to be happy with me. All he says is "no wedding dress shopping until the final goal". hah!

I just take it upon myself to set my goals..but theyve been 'oh we'll we're going to the movies anyways, I guess that's my reward'... At bigger milestones I might buy some clothes for work or something.
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Your hubby is awesome. :) When I made it through a barrier that I had been facing, my husband bought me new work out pants to replace the ones that I had been wearing since I was pregnant with my daughter. I'm not at my goal yet...but when I get there, I anticipate getting cool weight lifting gloves, new running shoes, and a new wedding band. My current wedding band is uncomfortable to work out in, has fallen off so often that I don't feel comfortable wearing it any more, eternity set, and can not be sized. It was purchased when I had a lot of inflammation in my joints and my fingers were bigger. I am looking forward to a new titanium comfort fit band that I can always wear and never take off.