Breast cancer survivor/mfp veteran - 80 lbs to go

Options
ladynica
ladynica Posts: 329 Member
edited January 2016 in Introduce Yourself
I joined mfp about 3 years ago I think and successfully lost about 25 pounds, but life, cancer and bad habits caught up to me. I'm finally in the clear and cancer free so now I'm back at it. The goal is to get rid of this fat! I could stand to lose about 80 lbs, give or take. Looking for some new friends to add to my old faithful ones. All are welcomed.

Replies

• SunflowerCat74
    SunflowerCat74 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congrats on being cancer free! I'm also a cancer survivor. Feel free to add me!
  • AngelaPea
    AngelaPea Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm a cancer survivor, too...uterine lieomyosarcoma. I just made it to 2 years NED. I would love to add some friends for motivation!
  • shianat
    shianat Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im stage 4 breast cancer,3 years this April. Would love to be added by you all. :-)
  • tazbear1989
    tazbear1989 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am a stage 3a breast cancer patient that just finished radiation last Thurs. I've had my chemo and mastectomy with reconstruction. I need help and support to lose weight and learn a "normal". Hope you have a wonderful day.
  • ghearinn2014
    ghearinn2014 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me ( all of you). I am 43 year old who recently had a heart attack. 2 heart catherizations an 4 stints later. I need to lose 40-50lbs. Would love to become friends so we can help support each other.
  • kimstanton131
    kimstanton131 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    You are all amazing :)
  • RNmomsurvivor
    RNmomsurvivor Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi! I am a Triple Negative Breast Cancer survivor. I just finished my last radiation treatment in February. Today is day #1 of getting my life back! I just graduated nursing school, passed my state boards, and 45 days away from getting my BSN in nursing. I gained 40 pounds from my treatment, depression, school stress, and having no energy to move my body. My doctors started me on Phentermine 37.5 because of my type of BC history - being over weight fuels this cancer.
  • AudreysMommy2014
    AudreysMommy2014 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow! I was diagnosed with Triple Negative/Stage 2a last October, 2015. Since then, I have had neoadjuvant chemotherapy, lumpectomy and reconstructive breast. Tomorrow I start radiation treatments! Although I would have preferred not to have this experience, I am truly thankful for it. My purpose is clear and not willing to waste time with my future!!!
  • user807238
    user807238 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have so much love for all of my sisters out there. As i read your introductions, My heart goes out to all you. I am also a TNBC surviour stage 3bc and i am conteplating on so much. I would love to hear any updates on your current situations and or any experiences that you have with Phentermine. I used phentermine about 15 years ago to loose 40lbs and kept it off for 20 years.
  • slimtastesbetter
    slimtastesbetter Posts: 8,064 Member
    Options
    Yes it is so important to lose weight/body fat to avoid a breast cancer (and gynecological cancers) recurrence, especially estrogen-positive. I am a 19 year breast cancer survivor. (((Hugs)))) for all of you who have battled and survived cancer or are currently dealing with cancer. Some things aren't in our control, but we CAN control what and how much we eat, and how much we move our bodies. Activity helps! We've got to do what we can to avoid a recurrence.

Re Phentermine, I happened to take it for 2 months before I was diagnosed with cancer back in 1999. I lost 20 lbs on it, it was amazing how it took my appetite away. But problem was that I could NOT sleep while taking it and it made my heart race. I gained the 20 lbs back from chemo and then when I was done with radiation I went back ON the phentermine but at half the dose to try to lose the re-gained weight. I couldn't stand the not being able to sleep so quit after 1 1/2 months. But I did lose 15 lbs and then soon after another 5 or so lbs. Then in 2003 I joined WW and lost 20 lbs. Got to 128 lbs but couldn't sustain. Now I fluctuate between 134-138 ish. 136 right now, I'm 5'3" and 58 years old. As long as I'm under 141 I'm at a healthy weight but working on getting to 132-133.

• Outworlder
    Outworlder Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Lots of love! I'm also a breast cancer survivor. Taking back our bodies can feel like climbing a mountain with weights strapped to both ankles. I'm cheering for you! I'm cheering for all of us!
  • hayleylouise9699
    hayleylouise9699 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I’m a breast cancer survivor too. Please feel free to add me x
  • jaena4
    jaena4 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Another breast cancer survivor. Would love more survivor friends - please feel free to add me!