excess skin question for 50 plus years old, losing 80-100lbs

Options
evarinjr
evarinjr Posts: 16 Member
I would be interested in hearing from people that are 50 years old or older and have lost 80-100 lbs. What about the excess skin? does it shrink? tighten any? just curious and wondering what others are doing after losing the weight with excess skin.

Replies

• thereshegoesagain
    thereshegoesagain Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    I'm 58 years old and have lost 85 pounds over 3 years, 5-10 pounds more to go.
    I do have loose skin, but it's not as bad as I had feared, probably because I lost so slowly and was active through out my process.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    64, maintenance 2 years. Lost over 160#. I do have loose skin, but it did tighten up some. It is not too obscene, and certainly better than carrying around the extra weight. I'll never be a bikini model, but I never would have been one any way. I look 100% better than I did when I was morbidly obese, so it is all good.
  • ntw25
    ntw25 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to find out. I have tried so many times and failed that I don't really want to tempt fate, but for now I am in "I can do this" mode so all good. I am working hard at the gym together with trying to keep my protein up withing my calories. Fingers crossed that I get to answer the question.

Good luck with your journey. I have similar goals for similar reasons
  • evarinjr
    Options
    ntw25 wrote: »
    I am hoping to find out. I have tried so many times and failed that I don't really want to tempt fate, but for now I am in "I can do this" mode so all good. I am working hard at the gym together with trying to keep my protein up withing my calories. Fingers crossed that I get to answer the question.

Good luck with your journey. I have similar goals for similar reasons

Thank you, you also.
  • evarinjr
    Options
    Thank you everyone. Congrats to all that have successfully maintained their weight loss.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    Age 60, 130 lost, 20 left. Since I still have quite a bit left to lose, and could actually go lower than my goal, I'm not sure how much is fat and how much is loose skin. I Was quite concerned about this at first, but as I successfully lost, I've quit worrying about it. I'm just so happy being close to a normal weight & much more fit. My muscles are showing! My understanding is that losing slowly & strength training help, but it's mostly determined by genetics.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!