Repetitive foods, cheat day?

Options
I eat the same things everyday and I think my body is sick of it. Today is the 7th day of 1200 calorie diet and this morning I couldn't even eat a hard boiled egg. I was gagging the whole time. I don't know I'm just sesitive today or what. I have been up since 4:30 am this morning feeling sick. :( I don't know much about foods and healthy eating so I try to stick to things that I know are good. But I'm so thinking of having a cheat day today just to see if it makes me feel better. Like still count my calories but eat something different. My husband is making some eggs rolls for dinner and I feel like eating one. They are actually my favorite food that he makes. What do you guys think I should do? If I'm even making sense.

Replies

• Leanqueen01
    Leanqueen01 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want aslong as you can make it fit into your calorie goal. Count the egg rolls and eat them i say :)
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Look at these threads, especially the first three. Sometimes wordy but they have a lot of great info. Eat and enjoy your egg roll!

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10300319/most-helpful-posts-general-diet-and-weight-loss-help-must-reads#latest
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Why would you think you have to eat the same thing every day? I'm not sure the repetition is making you sick, maybe bored, unless you ate something that had spoiled.

Regardless, you can eat a variety of foods, and as long as you stay at a calorie deficit you will lose weight.

You mentioned 1200 cals, that's the lowest MFP recommends and is not always necessary to go that low in order to lose. You are also supposed to eat back at least a portion of any exercise calories you earn.

What are your stats (height, weight) and how much are you trying to lose?
  • KSnow78
    KSnow78 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I tend to plan my whole day 90% of the time first thing in the morning. If I wanted to have 1 or 2 egg roles tonight, Id add them into the dinner slot, it would than show me how much i have left for lunch. So I count it before I eat it.. Keeps me on track !!!
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Try pre-logging your day and eat regular foods that you enjoy.

I eat a limited number of things for breakfast but something different for dinner most days.