Do you exercise every day?

Options
I finally got up early to exercise. I haven't been able to do that in months.

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I exercise every day (but one day a week is always a light day). I take one day totally off per month though.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Great job!

I try to get in some form of exercise each day, even if it's just a 20 minute walk on my lunch break. But I'd say at least 5 days a week I do get some good exercise in before going to work.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hey well done, keep it up! No I don't exercise every day , in fact it surprises me but I find the eating less easier than the exercising more. I must be really lazy! Actually when I do do the exercising as well , that's when the pounds really start to drop off. I notice a lot of folks on this board exercise a huge amount and I find that a little intimidating. I must fit more in! What has been holding you back with it, ba1031?
  • CassidyScaglione
    CassidyScaglione Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    yes but some days that consists of a 30 minute "stop and smell the roses" walk, and some days it consists of 3+ hours of self-torture. lol. I'm not consistent.
  • Lydilod
    Lydilod Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I exercise 6 days a week, Sundays I just used to laze around, now I've got my vivofit if I don't at least go for a walk it takes exercise calories off me and that annoys me, so I do something everyday now. lol
  • nordlead2005
    nordlead2005 Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    only if we count walking for every day activities as exercise...

I lift 3x/week and I ski 1x/week and sometimes if I really want to eat something I'll run on the treadmill.
  • coreyreichle
    coreyreichle Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yes. Or, at least try to. Sometimes weather and schedule prevents it, but on the whole yes.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    Yes, if I'm physically able, I exercise. I do things I like - hiking, walking, maintaining the trails, yoga, gardening, swimming, weight lifting, etc. Exercise makes me feel good physically, emotionally, and spiritually, plus I get more calories and I sleep better.

This time of year, I eat at my desk and walk/hike for an hour at lunch time. I'm gone for 75 minutes and make up this time after work.

During gardening season, I do that before and after work, and since I work from home, I can do that at lunch as well.

I joined a gym so I have an option for really bad weather, which for me means heavy rain or deep snow - I manage the cold with layers.

I don't like to exercise at night, but force myself to start, and am always glad I did.

• laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Nope. Boot camp for an hour two twice week, walks and yoga/stretching a few extra times throughout the week. I pick it up more in the summer when I want to be outside constantly, so 30-minute walks become hours.
  • sweets1973
    sweets1973 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes 5 days a week strength and cardio
  • richardgavel
    richardgavel Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    I exercise 7 days a week, all cardio (swim/bike/run), anywhere from 30 min to 1:15.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    an hour a day at least 5 days a week, doesnt include jogging, which is an 'extra' for me and heavily dependent on weather and my mood LOL (i usually get in 4-5 runs per week,more in the spring, summer and fall - less in the winter ;) )
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    14 hours of strength training per week. 15-20 hours of cardio per week.
  • Helendv8
    Helendv8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Nope. Hour of boxing Mondays, circuits and bootcamp tuesdays, sometimes 1 hour bootcamp Wednesdays (but sometimes it's a rest day depending on work/achiness!), Boxing and bootcamp Thursdays, 45 minute HIIT class Fridays and 1 hour bootcamp and 1 hour lifting on Saturdays.

Then like Craig David I chill on Sundays :)
  • Helendv8
    Helendv8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    14 hours of strength training per week. 15-20 hours of cardio per week.

Woahhhhh! Dedication :)
  • harrybananas
    harrybananas Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Nope. Lift heavy 2-3 days a week with some minor cardio added in afterwards. And maybe a day or two for some quick high intensity cardio. Need rest days.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    5-6 days per week generally. I generally lift 3x per week and I try to get in at least 60-80 miles per week...more on a really good week or if I'm actually dedicated to training for an event.
  • scolaris
    scolaris Posts: 2,145 Member
    Options
    Yes, but like others above very different intensities... Least = an 'active rest' day of just 10-15k steps. Most = a long 10+ mile hike, or a yoga class followed by Zumba or UrbanKick. Medium = yoga or free weights plus some walking. The rotation seems to solve any little orthopedic glitches as they arise.
  • sunshyneson
    sunshyneson Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pretty much... a strength program 5-6 days a week and cardio usually about 5-6 days a week too.
  • heldavi
    heldavi Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Dedicated workouts - Monday, Tuesday, Thursday (40-60mins)
    Walks - Daily at lunchtime (30 mins)
    Long walk - 2hrs at the weekend.

My social life/household chores take up the rest of my free time, which can also keep me active!
    I believe the above is plenty.