15 lbs down, 70lbs to go. Need friends! :)

Options
Hello! I am a 28 year old Army wife, currently residing in Virginia. I was resently diagnosed with an arachnoid brain cyst and an extremely severe case of polycystic ovarian syndrome. Seems the weight loss odds are against me but I've somehow overcome and lost my first 15 lbs. Only took me 5 weeks (lol) but I did it. Though sometimes it is tough to stay motivated. My husband is a natural born skinny person. He has the metabolism of a 18 year old football star. And I have no friends on my mfp profile to communicate with. So if anyone wants mutual motivation, please feel free to add me. :)

Replies

• bracey100
    bracey100 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It took me a year to lose 70lbs so it can be done I exercised more or less everday tryed really hard to eat well I put a success story on here if u look under success storys u shud find it hope this helps only got 14 pound to lose so not being as hard on myself this year still being good tho
  • smiles4jo
    smiles4jo Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15 pounds in 7 weeks, despite no medical conditions, so I'd say you're doing fantastic! :) I still have another 60 to go, so we're in similar situations. I'll add you!
  • J_Kidd85
    J_Kidd85 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I'm from Virginia too !! Would love to be friends in here!
  • ffwife921
    ffwife921 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I just lost 20lbs in 6 weeks. I have Hashimotos and Pcos! It can be done. It was hard but I never gave up the fight. I would love to lose another 40-50 lbs! Best of luck to you!
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    15lbs in 5 weeks is awesome!!! I have hypothyrodism, PCOS, and type 2 diabetes. So the struggle is real. I started at 220lb...very slowly down to 160lbs...25 to go. You can do it!
  • wlfsilva1955
    wlfsilva1955 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi, Good for you, that's a GREAT accomplishment.

I started my journey today… 60 years old and need to lose 80 pounds and get healthy. I'm looking for support as well... :)
  • AznChickenSalad
    AznChickenSalad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • AznChickenSalad
    AznChickenSalad Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    J_Kidd85 wrote: »
    Hi!! I'm from Virginia too !! Would love to be friends in here!

Are you around Ft Eustis? :)
  • emybun77
    emybun77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! It took me the same amount of time to lose my first 15lbs!! Best of luck! I am still looking to lose another 40-60- I will add you! And if anyone else needs some support, feel free to add me
  • Ranger_PR
    Ranger_PR Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Awesome to hear you have over come that and are pushing forward, Today I started using this app but I have been losing weight since April last year I was 268lbs and now am 194lbs, I wont say its easy because its not, my genes surely don't help much because in my family heart problems are a big deal at a young age and being 21 and with already 5 tachycardia moments and one being yesterday its pushing me but I am fighting but I lack the friendly motivation, you can add me if you want, I am from Puerto Rico and its a pleasure to meet you all.