3 week results- do you all see a difference?

Options
almas512
almas512 Posts: 17 Member
mu72hm6v8t1v.jpg

Just wanted to show 3 weeks of results and how I did it. I wasn't overweight to begin with but I wanted to lose my Freshman 15 (which I got from just one semester). What I did was not diet, but just eat healthier as in eat whole foods. This doesn't mean I ate strictly veggies, fruits, gave up bread or any other crazier diet like that. I still drank whole milk (what?!?!), I still treated myself. last week I ate a veggie burger because I was craving a juicy burger: just replace it with something a bit healthier. I even got a smoothie from red mango- just asked for no sugar added. I just ate a croissant today, but I snacked on fruits and ate wonderful meals to nourish me throughout the day, so why not? For so long I was under the impression that to lose weight you have to eat very little. Me- at 5'3 130 is pounds I have a gigantic appetite and a 1300 cal diet would make me miserable. To be honest, I eat 1800-2000 a day (just estimating because to be honest i don't even count calories like I used to anymore). I have a fitbit and try to walk 10,000 steps a day, I monitor my workouts. On average i burn around 2100-2300 a day. My days are usually very busy as I walk around campus all day and at night i go to the gym for 60-90 minutes. SO of course I NEED food! 1300 would make me miserable and overeat. My weight loss is slow, yes it is, but it will be permanent. Ive learned to crave bananas and not chips. Eating the way I do keeps me so healthy and alive. I love soy milk now! Grilled veggies- forget it nothing beats that. I still love foods like pizza (I had a giant pizza slice on thursday- but with tomatoes and chicken). Basically what I'm saying is don't think you can't eat these foods, don't make "cheat days", don't make set schedules for the gym. Try to go 5 times a week but if you can't, that's ok you shouldn't stress. I went three times only last week but today's the start of a new week, I'll go more. Sometimes I do 6, sometimes 4, it just depends on life. And the cheat meals- to be honest I can point out "cheats" i've had every single day- cheating shouldn't be eating unhealthy- cheating should be eating a lil extra/something that is somewhat of treat that you wouldn't eat everyday. For example, yesterday I had lemon potatoes, and a hell lot! You typically shouldn't eat this EVERY day, but I had it because my body wanted it! Therefore, last week I "cheated" 3 times- that veggie burger-croissant-those potatoes, whatever! To people I don't know why this is "cheating," like dude just eat good portions and listen to your body- just because something has a lot of carbs doesn't make it terrible. Those lemon potatoes were very oily, so what I did was get rid of the oil and dab them to make them more dry. Still enjoyable! IDK, just trying to explain that calorie counting at first is nice so u get a sense of what portions to eat, but doing it all the time is just unnatural and you should really just listen to ur body. Anyway, my journey is less about losing weight than it is about getting in shape, and in order to get in shape, YOU HAVE TO EAT.

As for the gym, I do some cardio, circuit training, strength stuff. What's important is make sure to work out your entire body for weight loss, even arms. If you just run the treadmill, you'll get that plateau fast. So have variety. And of course, as I get closer to my goals I will have to eat a bit less, but again nothing drastic!

Replies

• selvascura
    selvascura Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Dude that's awesome. Such a noticeable difference. I've been eating clean for 3 weeks (with ''cheats" like you) and gym for two weeks so far but I haven't seen a difference really at all, especially not anything like yours! I've been doing mainly cardio at the gym so I guess my main issue is that I need to start strength training. It's just very intimidating at the gym:/ I think I weigh around 57-58kg and female, not sure how tall I am. But yeah I'll keep at it :) this motivated me
  • almas512
    Options
    selvascura wrote: »
    Dude that's awesome. Such a noticeable difference. I've been eating clean for 3 weeks (with ''cheats" like you) and gym for two weeks so far but I haven't seen a difference really at all, especially not anything like yours! I've been doing mainly cardio at the gym so I guess my main issue is that I need to start strength training. It's just very intimidating at the gym:/ I think I weigh around 57-58kg and female, not sure how tall I am. But yeah I'll keep at it :) this motivated me

Of course! The key is variety at the gym. Stretch a lot and drink A LOT of water. Try to walk a lot during the day too. Keep ur body moving at 2 weeks I didn't see much either. So don't worry u got this!!
  • tottie_07
    tottie_07 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    What a difference. Congrats!! Your doing great!!
  • Syneea
    Syneea Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Wow, in three weeks?! That's wild! Congrats!
  • almas512
    Options
    Thanks guys!
  • flyingfur74
    flyingfur74 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!