Do you exercise every day?

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I have an approximately hour-long walking commute Monday-Friday, run Monday and Wednesday morning and strength train/short run on Tuesday/Thursday, with a long run on Saturday and a recovery run Sunday. I don't have dedicated exercise time on Fridays, just my walk, so I don't know if that counts.

I could never do the same thing every day, for reasons of both mental and physical fatigue.
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I work out before work (at 5:30am) 4, sometimes 5, days a week mostly running and some strength training. And try to get a longer run in on Saturday or Sunday.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Helendv8 wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »
    14 hours of strength training per week. 15-20 hours of cardio per week.

Woahhhhh! Dedication :)

It's easy to be dedicated when you love it :)
  • ba1031
    ba1031 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I have held myself back.... I kind of gave up.... I felt down.... It was a hard funk to get out of.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I started with a 10 min beginner cardio workout on youtube. Felt so proud of myself. Then upped it to 30-40 mins about 4-5 days a week. I also started a very gradually progressive strength and flexibility training workout (under 15 mins) that I do almost every day (missed the last 2 days - ack!). After a few weeks of the above, I added 30-60 min walks (which I love to do) about 3-4 days a week.

I eat all my exercise calories - so gives me a lot of incentive to workout more :)
  • TheUnwritten
    TheUnwritten Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I use to go to the gym like 2-3 times a week before my son was born. I haven't gone in a year now but I do alot of walking and bending at work. Janitorial duties.
  • srecupid
    srecupid Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    No but, I should. I bought an exercise bike to last the winter and now it's spring (wishful thinking. 40 degrees and sunny is practically spring around here this time of year). I work a demanding enough job that i don't feel the need to exercise. On my days off i just make sure to walk a few miles.
  • Helendv8
    Helendv8 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Helendv8 wrote: »
    14 hours of strength training per week. 15-20 hours of cardio per week.

Woahhhhh! Dedication :)

It's easy to be dedicated when you love it :)

True that ;)

Would ideally love to fit in a bit more strength but I've got a class based membership and they only do strength club on Saturdays. I love it there and it really keeps me motivated. Can't really afford to fork out another membership to a traditional gym... or can I? :p
  • BurnWithBarn2015
    BurnWithBarn2015 Posts: 1,026 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Yes every day
    6 hours of walking/jogging
    1 hour ( restday) walking only
    2 times a week i teach 2 classes Body_Robics™

95069916.png
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    No, I try to workout as many days as I can, but life hands you rest days on occasion, so I just take them in stride
  • Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    No. In fact I don't exercise at all. I know I should and eventually I will. When I get a good portion of this weight off and am not completely exhausted all the time. That said, I have a very active job. I'm on my feet 50 hours a week, at over 300 pounds, moving constantly. Which is why I'm exhausted all the time, lol.
  • lml852014
    lml852014 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I try and really work out "hard" as in working up a really good sweat burning 400+ calories 5 days a week, I take one day a week off (usually Sundays sometimes a day during the week) and take on active rest where I do something lighter that doesnt require as much effort.
  • Bbeliever215
    Bbeliever215 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Just about...I work out 6 days a week which includes cardio and weights. I usually average about 25k steps daily. OnSaturday is my rest day and I tend to just make my 10k goal or a little over. I personally like working out because it's a stress reliever and it allows me to eat more among other things. Oh and I too, work out early mornings. I just find it leaves my day open to other life stuff
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    7 days a week, usually 60 mins a day at least. Exercising is like a drug to me now haha. I feel so great after working out.
  • echmain
    echmain Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Yep, 12,000 steps per day every day.

If for some reason I don't have the time, I miss it.
  • shadows2424
    shadows2424 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I work out five days a week if all goes well and i dont have doctors appointments or stuff like that.
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    I take about an hour long walk on rough terrain worth my dog energy single day, unless I'm sick. I love that time as much as the Labrador retriever does.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    It depends. For months I didn't take rest days, but my exercise was mostly walking with a bit of fitness classes/weights thrown in. Now that I do more intense workouts, I really need rest days. And I try not to work the same muscles two days in a row.

So it really depends on how much you workout and how intense it is.
  • Keith3481
    Keith3481 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    When I first started, I was riding my bike trainer six days a week. For five days I would spend 30 minutes on the bike and on the sixth day I would spend 45 minutes on the bike. I would rest the seventh day. That lasted about eight months.

Now I'm on the bike trainer four days a week for 30 minutes each time, but with the weather improving here in the south during February I've been outside on the bike a few times so those numbers are closer to 45 minutes. I just make sure I adjust my calories on bike days so I get enough to fuel my rides. Yesterday I had four meals.
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    No, I work out in the sports bra-wearing, gym-going sense 4-5 days a week. I walk a decent amount and do light yoga and other things as well, but I don't consider that exercise in the same sense.