Ages 25-40: ... Looking to Lose 50+ lbs..

Options
I've yo-yo'd so much within the past 2 years, after gaining 60lbs. Looking for all the support and motivation especially now that my blood pressure has been up. My friends and I have signed up for the Tough Mudder Race in May. This will be challenging but its a way to push me not only to lose weight but train my body for the run. I want a lifestyle change Let's help each other reach our fitness goal! Add me... :)

Replies

• davoiscool
    davoiscool Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Yo-yo'ing. Now there's something I can relate to. Add me up y'all!
  • nidatuzohra
    nidatuzohra Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Added! I just got back into MFP and working out since Christmas, hoping I can stay on track without any breaks.
  • BrownieKitty12345
    BrownieKitty12345 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to lose weight. I've lot seven pounds since January so far. But it is tough. I work a desk job 7-5 M-F
  • jess_diarte
    jess_diarte Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    https://youtu.be/-2AuT50LEQw

If She can do the Spartan Sprint and the Tough mudder, then I can do it. She is my inspiration!
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    Those desk jobs are no joke when it comes to losing weight. I work 6 days a week, 9am-6pm. I've started bringing a gallon of water a day to work with me. Snacking is the toughest.
  • sanfromny
    sanfromny Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    I'm 39 5'2" 160lbs, have 25 more to lose but started at 220lbs. I have a 9- 5:30p desk job also. I've learned to bring healthy snacks w/me since I like to eat. So lots of fruits. You can do this! Feel free to add me. I log all the time.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I understand the yo-yo! I had a terrible time almost two years ago with gaining weight back that I had lost. Taking it super slow this time to try and avoid that. Add me if you'd like! I'm at 160, looking to get down to 110 to be safely in a healthy weight range for my height (5'1'').
  • dietcoke29
    dietcoke29 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I gained 40lbs when I was pregnant. I lost all but 10 lbs then depression kicked in. Now I have 44 to lose. I've been yo yoing for the past 2/3 years now. It's time to lose it. I've been setting mini goals. What's the tough mudder like? I never done any races. I don't have any friends or family that have ever been into fitness to actually enjoy a race.
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I'm 37 yrs old and I have allowed depression and stress to take their toll on me this last year and have gained 30 lbs. I am looking for a lifestyle change also. I have four kids at home and I want to be able to play sports with them and have fun. My goal is to lose 60lbs in the next year. I would love a great support group, so I don't feel like I am doing this alone.
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    Let's all add each other. We can be one big support group!!!
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    Guys add my friend:

MrFerndizzle
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    jkhoffe wrote: »
    Let's all add each other. We can be one big support group!!!

I think that I may have just sent you a friend req....but my computer kinda freaked out on me....

I Sent you a request. :)
  • luv2bowl6
    luv2bowl6 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am 32 and a bridesmaid in a wedding in August. I started out a 207 and down to around 194. Got a lot more to lose before August!!
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    I'm currently at 210. Let's do this!!!
  • tstynanz
    tstynanz Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've a graduation( my little girl ) to attend in March ( yikes !! ) and a wedding this July ! Let's keep each other motivated !!
    Feel free to add me ! <3
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Hello! Please add me along with anyone else that would like to. I'm 26,5'7" and starting at 205, currently 194. I'm looking to get down around 140. Good luck on your weightloss!
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    luv2bowl6 wrote: »
    I am 32 and a bridesmaid in a wedding in August. I started out a 207 and down to around 194. Got a lot more to lose before August!!

I was like wow, we started about the same and are currently the same weight. We should be friends! Then I realized we already are haha
  • MTgal477
    MTgal477 Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I'm 32 and looking to lose about 60 pounds or more....I've lost 18 since January!! Add me if you'd like! :smiley:
  • jess_diarte
    Options
    Just did. ;)
  • RA60172
    RA60172 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I'll be 30 in a few weeks. I've lost 20 pounds since the beginning of the year, and I'm looking to lose another 70 or so. Feel free to add me.