2»

Replies

• earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    jessicapk wrote: »
    earlnabby wrote: »
    I drink a lot of seltzer I fizz up myself with my sodastream. I either drink it plain or add a little flavor with extracts (my favorites are lime, cranberry, and black current) which average about 5 calories for the 1/4 teaspoon I need.

Recently I have been on a post-surgical restricted diet and have been eating a lot of gelatin. It suddenly hit me that I am making it with 2 cups of water so each batch counts! I don't want the sugar in regular and hate the taste of sugar free so I make it with unflavored gelatin and either Crystal Light or Mio which tastes much better.

@earlnabby Thanks for the Mio gelatin tip!!! I've got to try this.

Just make sure you "bloom" the gelatin first. It will dissolve much better. Dump the unflavored gelatin in the bowl and let sit a few minutes in some cold water (I use 1/4 c). After it had reached the look of applesauce, dump in 1 cup of boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add 3/4 cup cold water and the drink mix/flavored drops and chill.

You can make any amount you want, just use 2 cups water total for each packet of unflavored gelatin. I buy mine by the pound so I use 1 Tbl gelatin to equal a packet.

Flavored water with protein, what's not to love?

ETA: I did this in HS with fruity soda. You really have to try Orange Crush jello sometime!
  • ashorey87
    ashorey87 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Someone's gotta fill me in. I'm a figure skater, so triple-triple means something COMPLETELY different to what I think you mean.

Triple triple means a coffee with 3 sugar, 3 cream
  • ngagne
    ngagne Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Mostly regular water.

But need to change it up:
    La Croix sparkling water.
    Unsweetened Iced Tea (I like Steaz brand).
    Almond milk (with protein powder)
    And every once in a while, a good ol' delicious glass of Whole Milk. Yum.
    Red Wine
    Dark-bad-for-but-delicious-BEER.

I think I had my first & only soda of this calendar year last Friday, a Coke Zero.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I like Nuun all day tablets. 7 cal per tablet, no sugar. Add to 16oz of water. I also like to add lemon and cucumber to water, especially in hot weather. So refreshing and reminds me of spa days.
  • CelinaaXo
    CelinaaXo Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Awesome tips!! Tried a Crystal Light sufar free lemonade packet with mint and cucumber today... sooo good lol
  • AsiramKay
    AsiramKay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Coffee(no sugar), aveda tea, organic home made juice, any low calorie non dairy milks. I used to drink all my calories so this is a tough one for me too!
  • gin_7
    gin_7 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    BCAAs!!!!!!! And I love iced coffee!
  • maidengirl_
    maidengirl_ Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I'm addicted to juice and have to learn not to drink my calories lol
  • shellyae
    shellyae Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I don't like the "diet" taste of artificial sweeteners, so it's hard to find low or zero calorie drinks. I recently tried VitaminWater Zero and Sobe Lifewater and actually liked them. They use natural sweeteners.
  • jenniferpiotrowski0
    Options
    I have a bad habit of not always drinking a lot of Water but when I happen to drink it I drink water,some fruit juices,v8 splash,fruit teas with stevia packets,sometimes lemonade,Pepsi when I can fit it into my calorie goals but I'm always thinking about trying a healthier alternative to pop but haven't tried any yet. Mostly whatever I want within my calorie goal but I lean more towards fruit teas and v8 splash most days. Sometimes I will pour half a cup of a juice into a cup and add another half cup of water to it and add a stevia packet to cut calories and balance out the other half of sweetness I cut out with water.