girl question

Options
Does anyone else gain a pound or 2 during "their week" of the month? i was so discouraged when i weighed myself yesterday- but maybe it was from that??!!

any thoughts?

Replies

• cmmoreland
    Options
    Does anyone else gain a pound or 2 during "their week" of the month? i was so discouraged when i weighed myself yesterday- but maybe it was from that??!!

any thoughts?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Yep! Water weight! It'll go away. Don't be discouraged.:flowerforyou:
  • ontheskinnyroad
    ontheskinnyroad Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Yes I gained 0.2 but like stated above it will go away. Don't let that stop you keep going. Next week you will see a lost.
  • iowangirl101
    Options
    Hello, you were retaining water. The weight should go back done just as easily as it went up when you are moving on with your cycle.
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

any thoughts?

water weight-
    I don't weigh myself at all that week because of it- I technically only count 3 weighins a months because of that time of the month- But I must say I am also a scale addict I may only log 3 weighins a month but that doesn't mean that i don't get on the scale daily :embarassed:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options

any thoughts?

water weight-
    I don't weigh myself at all that week because of it- I technically only count 3 weighins a months because of that time of the month- But I must say I am also a scale addict I may only log 3 weighins a month but that doesn't mean that i don't get on the scale daily :embarassed:
  • lescalante
    Options
    Girl I gain 3-4 pounds and I know some other girls that say they gain 5. So don't worry about it. Weigh several days after your "done" and you should be where you were if not lighter. If you keep dieting and working out you may even loose weight. I know I have weighed lighter than before I even started my monthly "girl visit". Don't let it bother you.
    Leslie
  • HISjuggalette061808
    Options
    i NEVER weigh myself during my period.

your body holds in water and it makes you feel bigger nd it'll sometimes show on the scale.
    so i tend to wait till about 3-5 days after i'm finished to make sure the water is gone. then if the number i saw before is higher, then i know i did something wrong nd i cant use the water weight excuse.
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    :smile: I don't have the girl problem anymore, but still have water gain of about 3pounds every month for just a few days and then have to go potty a lot for a day and it's gone. I had that all my life, when I did have that time of the month, so it's best to not count on the scale during that time.:flowerforyou:
  • aprilann
    aprilann Posts: 238
    Options

any thoughts?
    OMG I was just typing about that and I hit the wrong button and ruined my entire any way it is normal? I'm seriously so pissed off about this! :angry: :explode: Will it go away?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    YES:flowerforyou: Unless you consumed an extra 3500 calories (= 1 pound) during the week that you failed to burn off, the water weight will go away.
  • furrflys
    Options
    I retain so much water that I should be studied by scientists! Stupid TOM:grumble: If it's that time I just chalk up the extra 5 or so lbs to our friend TOM.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to say, there are times that I'm sooooo glad I had a hysterectomy and don't have to worry about that any more. :bigsmile:
  • Jackiemal
    Jackiemal Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, water weight is fun. :grumble:

I can retain water more than just 'that' week. It is a great moment tho when you do get on the scale (after getting rid of the water weight) and seeing a huge jump.

Those days are great!

Jackie

89924.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

'How does one become a butterfly?, she asked. 'You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar.'
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Yep. I steer clear of the scale during that time of month just because of that reason!
  • finzup
    finzup Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I think the more water you drink, the less you retain (or at least it is like that for me?) also stay away from salt during that time.. it doesn't help at all..
  • DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Yes, as if it wasnt bad enough..

Think water retention, swelling, and bloating... all adds up to good old weight gain. Dont punish yourself by going near the scales during your period is my advice..
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I get the typical 3-5 lb water gain also. But I also have the hardest time contolling my food urges around that time of the month. PMS gives me the munchies.
  • shayk80
    shayk80 Posts: 56
    Options
    I just posted the same questions yesterday. In my first week I lost 2 pounds, then Yesterday when I weighed myself, I gained 3 pounds... It's all because its that time of the month.