Problem with incorrect calorie count in recipes downloaded from internet?

Options
Has anyone else had a problem when adding recipes from the internet. Tonight when I looked at the calorie counts of each ingredient a few looked very wrong. Especially 2 cloves of garlic having 853 calories. Now I am questioning if calorie counts are correct elsewhere too.

Replies

• Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    It's an ongoing issue with the recipe builder, and the database it uses. Apparently it's being "worked on" *cough*
  • Carolena4
    Carolena4 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks Alatareil75. :) I guess we just have to hope something is done. In the meantime I will just be really careful about trusting any amounts.
  • beckygreene86
    beckygreene86 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have found this as a big issue. I check each ingredient and change as necessary. And yes, garlic seems to be the biggest issue. If I find one ingredient with many choices with a wide range of calories for each, I will google the item and try to chose one as close to it as possible. I cook most of my meals so entering recipes is time consuming but I'm hoping it will be worth it in the end.
  • treegirl97
    treegirl97 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I find the recipe builder here on MFP completely useless. I"ve started entering my recipes in the spark people recipe calculator and then copying the data over to here to get an accurate calorie count per serving.