If everyday were like today......

Options
When this comes up at the end of each day once I completely my log.......its never consistent! In fact today is showed a 2lb INCREASE from what it told me yesterday. Why!?

Replies

• marty_smith
    marty_smith Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Because you ate more calories then the day before?
  • mrsb461
    mrsb461 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Both days have been only slightly under goal......
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Do you mean it told you your weight will increase by 2 pounds from what it is now? <--if so and you were at a deficit then perhaps a glitch?

Or do you mean it told you one weight yesterday (like 135) and today its telling you that in 5 weeks you'll be 137, which is a 2 pound increase from yesterday's prediction?

It assumes your deficit is exactly the same for the next 5 weeks as it is today. So if you log a different # of net calories, the prediction will be different.
  • pgarcia1964
    pgarcia1964 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I have also found that if you log more or less exercise it will vary too.
  • mrsb461
    Options
    Okay great thanks for your replies.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    It only looks at that specific day when making the prediction. In my opinion its a completely useless feature and not even the slightest bit accurate.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    It is a completely useless tool. Heck press to complete it twice in a row and it almost alqays gives me different answers and I change nothing. Ignore it!
  • mrsb461
    Options
    Haha okay thanks guys. Making me feel better =) shall just ignore it.
  • cross2bear
    cross2bear Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Actually, I recently read in one of the threads that one of the posters here really did eat EXACTLY the same thing every day for five weeks just as MFP suggested, but she did not reach the goal they predicted for her, and she was quite disappointed. That shows you how helpful that feature is.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's an overly simplistic equation that assumes a linear relationship between your intake, output, and weight loss...no such relationship exists, so it's pretty well meaningless...also, it's only looking at that particular day...it's not a continuum. So lets say that today you ate 200 calories more than yesterday...that would equate to about a 2 Lb difference over the course of 5 weeks with that equation. Of course, exercise would play a roll as well...if you burned less today than yesterday, the equation is going to show that in five weeks you will be more than it showed yesterday.
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    It is completely inaccurate.