Options with Chicken

Options
I have some left over chicken breast that I am going to have for dinner. I am sick of potatoes, rice and home fries... What are some other options besides salad to have with my Chicken breast that is low in Carbs ?

Replies

• DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    I'm having this issue right now. I took chicken breast out of the freezer last night for tonight's dinner and I'm trying to find recipes for it that both my husband and I will enjoy. I've decided we're having a burrito bowl
    0.25c refried beans
    0.25c shredded cheddar
    chicken breast (about 4oz)
    Salsa 2tbs

it comes out to about 11 carbs but you can easily take the beans out and replace it with bell peppers/onions and seasoning to make it about 3 carbs, fajita style
  • Ollie4ISU
    Ollie4ISU Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like sauteed or roasted veggies with chicken breast. Zucchini, yellow squash, onions and mushrooms is mix I do regularly. Peppers are another option or Brussels sprouts.
  • HWeatherholt
    HWeatherholt Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I know you said you are tired of rice, but one of the things that I do quite often is pan fry (with a little salt, pepper, and pam) my chicken breast. Then once cooked I put Frank's Red Hot on the chicken, and a little shredded cheese. I make some white rice, that I will top with a little more Frank's. Then, I will use Bolthouse Ranch dressing for dipping. Depending on my mood, I may add a little roe Frank's or a little more cheese, etc.
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Cut your chicky breast in smallish bits. Saute some onion in a tiny bit of olive oil. When they're browned, deglaze with some white or red wine. When the mixture is a little thickened, toss in a little chicken or veggie broth, followed by your cooked chicken. Prep a little green salad while everything is bubbling along on your stove top. Pour your nice, hot onion and chicky brothy stuff over your salad. Mix it up all together. If you like, add a sliced garlic clove before the deglaze phase.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'll have carrot sticks or broccoli usually. Brussel sprouts are also delicious.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    Make chicken salad (chicken, bit of mayo or plain yogurt, smidge of dijon and/or lemon, chopped onion and celery, pickle or relish). Have chicken fajitas/tacos (sauteed with peppers and onions and/or some taco seasonings) in lettuce wraps topped with whatever you like. Mix it up with some steamed broccoli or asparagus, goat cheese, lemon, and olive oil. Make rice and black beans and mix chopped chicken in. Make a stir fry with red pepper, onion, pea pods, bok choy or cabbage, maybe broccoli. Make a mock chicken parm with no breading, tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, and spinach and serve over some kind of squash. Make some kind of chicken soup - chicken and rice, chicken noodle (or chicken noodle without the noodles - still very good), chicken tortilla.
  • ForeverSunshine09
    ForeverSunshine09 Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Chicken wraps. Honestly I love carbs so I can't help much. I cook chicken a lot though. Crockpot chicken is good and instead of pasta you could just have it over veggies. It is chicken breast, cream of chicken, chicken broth, a bar of cream cheese and some ranch seasoning.
  • jesse1952
    jesse1952 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    How about stir-fry chicken with your favorite vegetables.
  • serenityfrye
    serenityfrye Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Simmer with crushed tomatoes, onions, red wine, balsamic vinegar and Italian seasoning. Serve with your favorite roasted veggies.
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I love peppers, mushrooms, and polska kielbasa - you only need to put a little sausage in to get the taste, and the peppers are sweet. So - lots of chicken, a little butter or Parmesan - yum.
  • jesscran815
    jesscran815 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I love to cut leftover chicken up and add it to a stir fry mix that I get in the frozen section (2 servings for $1 as it's usually on sale for some reason) and add a little stir fry sauce which is higher in sodium but I just love it so I make room. Then I add it over a bed of white or brown rice (you may be able to find some substitutes for this that would suit your needs better) and add a tiny sprinkle of low sodium soy sauce (again, because I love it and will make room). It probably doesn't need it.
  • chulipa
    chulipa Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    I shred my chicken and cook with tomatoes, jalapenos, and bell peppers and put that on a ole high fiber low carb wrap and a slice of fat free cheese and make a quesadilla. Very low calorie and good. Then i put it in a pan and brown it so the cheese melts
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Linguine noodles with a light Alfredo or Carbonera sauce. Just watch the quantity of noodles.
    Julienned carrots, celery, and other vegetables with soy sauce (stir fry).