new from nc and i love this site

doublestuffed919
doublestuffed919 Posts: 7 Member
edited September 28 in Introduce Yourself
hi i'm 41 fromnc. just got started june 19 2011 at a weight of 323 lbs. i love this site i went to work and told everyone about it. i just completed breast cancer treatment in sept. 2010 :happy: and then suffered a ruptured disk in nov. 2010:sad: . since feb. 2011 i am now able to walk again without assistance:happy: . so after such a hard year i am ready to tackle my weight issues:angry: . good luck to everyone. let's all be strong and motivated.

Replies

• Hello NEW FROM NC....

I am also a newbie but I live in Michigan. Today is my first day on the program and can't believe I found this as a "free" android tool! You are right this seems to be a very wonderful program.

My history is that I have been battling weight loss for most of my life. At one point (after birth to my 2nd child) my weight balloned to a hefty 257 lbs. I am only 5'4" so I was well overweight. I decided to do something drastic and had Gastric Bypass in 2002. I dropped 153 lbs and have been maintaining my weight until earlier this spring. I now have about 10 lbs that I would like to see disappear and need to retrain myself in eating correctly. I am celebrating the big "50" birthday on the 25th of this month and have decided I need to rededicate myself to me and have put myself up to this challenge. Perhaps we can begin this journey together.

In any case my best wishes to all who have started and/or maintaining their weight using this incredible application.
  • doublestuffed919
    i'm sure with you working as hard as you did for your weight loss that you can also make it over this hurdle. also wishing you a hapy earily birthday
  • RainyMel
    RainyMel Posts: 16
    You can do it! Good luck, and welcome. I'm new too :)
  • doublestuffed919
    were all gonna do it we just have to be positive. good luck
This discussion has been closed.