Low Carb - Picky Eater

Options
dangerousdame
dangerousdame Posts: 19 Member
Trying to find some simple LOW carb recipes with nothing too weird in it please! Thanks

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Meat and veg.
  • organic_homestead
    organic_homestead Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I love making crepes. 6 eggs, 6oz cream cheese, you can add some sweetener if you want. Thoroughly blend and cook in a small saute pan. I use them to roll up ham for a quick snack/breakfast on the go. Check out I Breathe I'm Hungry website for great low carb recipes which is where I got the crepes from.
  • Tama072015
    Tama072015 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am not sure of what you define as weird, but I am diabetic and make all sorts of low carb from cauliflower. This is my newest trial. I put some egg beaters with garlic,shrooms,olive and onions on top when cauliflower hash browns were done. Was awesome.
    Cauliflower Hash {Paleo}

Prep time: 8 mins
    Cook time: 12 mins
    Total time: 20 mins

Yield: 2 servings

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    ¾ lb (350 g) cauliflower, chopped into small pieces
    1 medium onion, diced¼ teaspoon smoked paprika¼ teaspoon salt
    ⅛ teaspoon black pepper3 tablespoons water1 large clove garlic, minced
    2 teaspoons lemon juice
    2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley leaves (for garnish)Fried eggs, for serving (optional)

Instructions
    Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat; add the cauliflower and onion in an even layer and let it cook without stirring until it takes on a little color on the bottom, about 2 to 3 minutes.Give it a stir, then add the smoked paprika, salt, black pepper, and water. Cover the skillet and cook until the cauliflower is fork-tender but not mushy, and has taken on a golden color, about 3 to 5 minutes.Turn the heat down to low, add the garlic, and cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.Stir in the lemon juice and cook until evaporated, about 30 seconds.Serve with the parsley sprinkled on top, and add a fried egg if you like.