• DiaExplorer
    DiaExplorer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Sounds very nice!
  • pie_eyes
    pie_eyes Posts: 12,964 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Classic Tuna Salad recipe (in my life) is tuna, mayonnaise and relish (sweet or dill, I prefer dill) and diced hard boiled egg

I make a healthier alternative that uses avacado, lemon juice, dill relish and dill weed. I also use that for chicken salad.

I like putting lettuce and tomato on the sandwich for extra fiber and healthyness :3
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    tuna, mayo, horseradish and vinegar
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I am going to bookmark this for future reference. There are so many yummy ideas in here.

I keep it simple with just some pepper, mayo and hard boiled egg.
  • shinycrazy
    shinycrazy Posts: 1,081 Member
    Options
    My favorite way to eat it is a pouch of low sodium tuna and an chunked up avocado, season with salt(substitute) to taste. I usually eat it with crackers (current faves are called Nut Thins and are made with almonds). Hope you find a way that you like it! Ooo, lemon juice is also very good on this with or without the avocado.
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    little mayo
    very very very little squirt of mustard
    celery
    onion
    tuna
    old bay

amounts depend on if im just making it for myself or if Im making it for everyone. I usually keep it for about 3-4 days as well.
  • DaphneSW
    DaphneSW Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Yum.. I love tuna so much. Great thread :)
  • sarahkast88
    sarahkast88 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I literally have the best recipe EVER!

1 can of tuna (dolphin safe of course)
    1 tspn of light mayo (unavoidable)
    1 tspb of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
    1 pinch salt
    1 pinch pepper
    1 small squirt of lemon juice

First, drain all of the liquid out of the tuna, it has to be BONE dry.

Then combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mash together with a fork. Keep mashing, it takes some work. Then taste it... it will change your life :)
  • katiegracelovejoy
    Options
    Looks like I'll be eatin tuna salads for the next few days!
  • sladey_182
    sladey_182 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Tuna. Diced lettuce. Diced spinach. Sweetcorn. Cucumber. Sprinkle of chia seeds and a nice heap of mayo....stir in some rice or quinoa

Perfection.

Have this most days for lunch at work. Made the night before. It could stretch to a second day but that's the max
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I like mine very simple, tuna (in water), little bit of light mayo, sweet or dill pickles (depending on my mood) finely diced, green onion and fresh cracked black pepper. I like mine on celery sticks, such a great crunch! Its been my go to lunch lately, especially on a monday when I need to regroup from the weekend lol