Why am I doing this to myself?

Options
I eat healthy, record my calories, run on elliptical for an hour, do 30 mins of weights and jm body revolution everyday! I am toning everywhere but I look down and see my stomach hanging over my shorts.
I've lost 8 pounds and I feel like I'm doing everything right. I guess I just need to be patient. Sometimes I just don't think it's worth it!

Replies

• callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    stop looking down?
  • chandanista
    chandanista Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Well would you rather have lost this 8 pounds or sat around gaining 8 pounds more than originally? It's totally worth it, give yourself a chance!
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    It's worth it -- but make sure you're not torturing yourself. Is your calorie goal too aggressive? Are you still eating foods you enjoy? Do you like the exercise you're doing?
  • karmaheart
    karmaheart Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I've been working out for 9 months and I'm not happy with my results. Doesn't seem like my bf% is going anywhere.
  • karmaheart
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    It's worth it -- but make sure you're not torturing yourself. Is your calorie goal too aggressive? Are you still eating foods you enjoy? Do you like the exercise you're doing?

I like the exercises and I'm able to stay within my calorie goal. I live in the south and I've managed to avoid all the good food without any problems. I know you can't spot reduce, but can anyone recommend ab exercises that will help?
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    If you've lost only 8 pounds in 9 months, i am wondering if you are accurately logging your calories, since you said you stick to your calorie goal. Do you measure and/or weigh? Are you eating back all your exercise calories? Those number might be very inflated.
  • karmaheart
    Options
    I've lost inches and I do not eat my exercise calories. I'm not trying to shed any weight; just toning. I'm 5'4" @120 pounds. I'm very happy with my weight. I just need to stop feeling sorry for myself lol !
  • HutchA12
    HutchA12 Posts: 279 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    karmaheart wrote: »
    I've lost inches and I do not eat my exercise calories. I'm not trying to shed any weight; just toning. I'm 5'4" @120 pounds. I'm very happy with my weight. I just need to stop feeling sorry for myself lol !

Toning is't really a thing. You should look into body recomposition, or a muscle building bulk and cut cycle. It sounds like you are wanting to build lean body mass more than lose weight.
  • karmaheart
    edited February 2016
    Options
    HutchA12 wrote: »
    karmaheart wrote: »

Toning is't really a thing. You should look into body recomposition, or a muscle building bulk and cut cycle. It sounds like you are wanting to build lean body mass more than lose weight.

You are correct! I'm not sure how to do this.

• samiraeh08
    samiraeh08 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. I have always been shaped that way. Even when I was 115 my stomach still stuck out. Still, I was able to slim it down after doing 50 sit ups every day for a week when I was at a lower weight. The thing is sometimes that is the last place fat will come off, you you have to just focus on losing over all body fat, do not neglect your ab exercises, and try eating less sodium ☺