Depression, Job Loss and Dieting

Options
I'm in desperate need of some emotional support and motivation. Recently got laid off which caused my depression to creep back up on me. Personally, I don't see the point of exercising and eating clean anymore. Life sucks right now.

Replies

• kathyv125
    kathyv125 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Sorry to read about what you're going through. The point of exercising and eating well is because you matter. Your quality of life matters. It will also help you feel better and that carries over into all other aspects of your life. You'll present yourself better at a job interview. So often we focus on diet and exercise because we want to look better but the older I get I realize feeling better, emotionally and physically is the real prize. I wish you the very best. You're worth it!
  • JohnnyBoy316
    JohnnyBoy316 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    kathyv125 wrote: »
    Sorry to read about what you're going through. The point of exercising and eating well is because you matter. Your quality of life matters. It will also help you feel better and that carries over into all other aspects of your life. You'll present yourself better at a job interview. So often we focus on diet and exercise because we want to look better but the older I get I realize feeling better, emotionally and physically is the real prize. I wish you the very best. You're worth it!
    Thank you :smile:
    It's a hard journey but I'll get into the right mindset again.
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I have been there! Challenge yourself to be an overcomer! I was doing great last year and I let depression take over and now I am 30 lbs heavier than where I started last time. I made the decision to do it for myself. I don't want to punish myself anymore. You can do it! Don't let the job loss depress you but allow it to bring you new growth and opportunity in life.