CAN I TRUST MY NINTENDO WII AS A SCALE

Options
HEY MFP PEOPLE IM WONDERING IF I SHOULD TRUST WHAT MY WII TELLS ME WHEN IT COMES TO MY WEIGHT THIS MAYBE OFF TOPIC BUT IM HOPING FOR SOME HELP AND I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT :-)

Replies

• MontanaB
    MontanaB Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    my wii fit is consistent if its in the same place every time I use it but its not the same reading as I get on my proper scales but its consistently different if that makes sense :)
  • skylar1907
    skylar1907 Posts: 156
    Options
    No. Mine is off 12 lbs! It also depends what flooring you have and if it has ANY give. Weighing in the bathroom on tile is the best option.
  • becomingsara
    becomingsara Posts: 205
    Options
    hi! I have heard that the Wii scale (I have one too) can be a little fussy, especially if you have a carpeted floor or uneven floor. I would find the flattest spot possible, weigh yourself on it and compare that reading to a scale say,at walmart or somewhere where you can check to get a base reading. If the two weights are close, I say go for it!
  • calequestrian
    calequestrian Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    No! It is the devil and the Wii Mii always make me feel bad! LOL. I weigh once a week, on Sunday and in the mornings.
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    You can trust it if the batteries are fully charged and not dying and if you put the balance board on a flat hard surface (like tile!). But if the batteries are low and you're on carpet, you're weight will be WAAAYYY off.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    When I used mine I would weigh in the carpet and it would be withont a few pounds of my regular scale. If it's the scale you constantly use it will show losses and gains.
  • IrishHarpy1
    IrishHarpy1 Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    My Wii Fit scale has been pretty accurate -- it even matched the doctor's scale last week :)
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    mines on carpet in my room but i dont move it so i believe it weighs correctly. it isnt close to my regular scale though thats in the bathroom
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Mine is about 2 lbs less than the analog scale at the gym. I do have my Wii Scale on Carpet but I use it on the same surface every time.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    My wii fit scale is acurate.
  • Sasha_Bear
    Sasha_Bear Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Mine is accurate, it doesn't match my Doctor's scale but it matches the one at work.
  • beach_chelle
    beach_chelle Posts: 221
    Options
    what is important is that you are using the same scale every time, at the same time of day. I use the wii fit, and reciently learned that you must use it on a flat surface to get an accurate weight. But as long as you are using it on a hard floor and not carpet it is really accurate. Best of luck!
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    When I used mine I would weigh in the carpet and it would be withont a few pounds of my regular scale. If it's the scale you constantly use it will show losses and gains.

I agree even if it doesnt match other scales, as long as its in the same spot and u only use that one to track then it will show losses or gains.
  • bcatgray
    bcatgray Posts: 41
    Options
    I have carpet, but I have a hard board underneath it. So far so good. Though, I get tired of that Wii Mii making me feel like crap. Ever time I get on it, it says "ooo" or "oh boy!" Ticks me off. LOLOL I'm on the hunt for a regular digital scale that I can keep in my bathroom. Hoping to find one tonight if I actually get out of the house today. LOLOL But I will keep the Wii board for everything else.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    I use my WII scale and it is within a few oz of what my doctor scale says. Mine is on carpet and it weighs me ok. My daughter and I both use it. I am actually going to the doctor in the morning and I am going to purposely weigh on my WII before I go to see if they are till that close but I am like some of the others if you use it constantly I would say go for it too1
  • ElizabethJ17
    ElizabethJ17 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    We have our wii on carpet and lol it is waaaay off. I am way lighter one the wii scale then my scale in the bathroom.
  • TripleJ3
    TripleJ3 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Mine is accurate.

I use it on carpet but not always in the same spot. It works better than my digital bathroom scale does on hardwood floors.
  • Lollyvoddy
    Lollyvoddy Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I weigh on both my Wii board and normal bathroom scales, usually they are the same. I use the extra step accessory you can buy under the balance board so I'm not directly on the carpet. :)
  • lynxcoco
    lynxcoco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Mine is accurate on hardwood. Sucks on carpet. I put it in the exact same place each time.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I have been using mine for the past 710 days (according to the wii) I use the little extender feet that came with it that they said to use on carpet. I believe it's accurate. Well at least it's consistent. I do have to agree that I hate when it says stuff when I step on. LOL. One day I'm going to find that little voice and sit on it. LOL.

I don't own another scale so :)