Hello!

Options
Hello :) Introducing myself in a few groups I'm hoping to be active in!

I'm 21 and I've been on a roller coaster for most of my life with problems surrounding my weight, and self worth. Generally, the pattern went binge eating disorder, bulimia, anorexic, bulimic, bingeing, bulimia, bingeing.

I'm in my longest period of recovery so far after two years of hospital visits and finally getting on the right medications. I'm in a place where I've accepted where my body is, at my highest weight ever, and where I'm starting to respect it and its efforts instead of punishing myself. I'm going from here and looking to get a better handle on food where I'm not obsessively monitoring calories, but also not avoiding food as an excuse to binge.

Hoping to make some friends along the way :)

Replies

• cruisinmermaid
    cruisinmermaid Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful <3.
  • klewwy
    klewwy Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just saw this, thank you lovely ❤️☺️
  • aub6689
    aub6689 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    @klewwy- I feel I have dealt with some of the things you are describing. At 21 years old I found myself at the highest weight I've ever been and having no self worth. It took a while, but I started lifting and loving the strength and confidence I gained. It took longer to get my eating in check, but once I did, I lost 60 lbs and I've done half marathons, obstacle races, pull-ups, arm wrestling competitions, and more since. I'm glad you've accepted where you are and are ready to make changes without being obsessive or self-loathing. I wish you the best of luck in reaching your goals. You can do it!!!