Weight loss & regularity

Options
I know it's a little gross, but has anyone noticed that changing your diet and exercising has had an impact on your bathroom habits? I have noticed that things have certainly "slowed down" in that department. I only go once every several days now and when I do I tend to have stomach aches. It's generally not fun and sort of embarrassing, but I wonder if it's the change or just me.

Replies

• nikkialexander828
    nikkialexander828 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    i completely understand. im the same way, i just dont know why...
  • stanvoodoo
    stanvoodoo Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    If you increase your protein but not your fiber and water you will get clogged. Try some fiber rich veggies or some benefiber to keep you more regular without the pain.
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I go more regularly since I've started eating healthier. Before I wouldn't go for a couple days to a week sometimes. Maybe you're not getting enough fiber in your diet?
  • skinnyhappy
    skinnyhappy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Fiber fiber fiber. Those problems will disappear! I run like clockwork now, it's great.
  • CeleryStalker
    CeleryStalker Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    if your eating habits are including enough roughage, drink more water. hell, drink more water anyways, LOL i used to think it was my morning coffee that 'got things going'. i gave up the morning coffee and have been drinking nothing but water, starting with 20oz as soon as I get out of bed before anything else goes in my mouth. I find that I'm in the bathroom getting rid of last night's dinner before I'm ready to eat breakfast.
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I eat lots of fiber (love veggies) and have increased my fluid intake. Maybe my body just needs time to adjust? It's been 6 months though.
  • MissConfidence
    Options
    heehee sorry, i know i'm immature but your profile pic looks like you're trying to do what you're talking about.. heehee sorry!

Anyway, to your question, I read on some older post about a similar question that once someone starts eating healthy the body is actually trying to hold on to that goodness as compared to eating junk with very little goodness to it just passes right through the body. It kinda makes sense I suppose. But as someone else said, definitely keep an eye on your fiber and therefore water intake.
  • haulinbuns
    haulinbuns Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I tend to increase my fiber but sometimes forget my water intake, try increasing your water intake. I'm copying this from wanetam on another thread, all credit goes to wanetam. It is the positive effects of water, hth

•A healthy (weight loss) diet includes a good amount of fiber. But while fiber is normally helpful to your digestive system, without adequate fluids it can cause constipation instead of helping to eliminate it.
  • jhoney8
    Options
    Yeah, maybe I should just drink more water. I struggle with that because I really don't like water. Weird, I know, but it just does nothing for me. Since it's hot now, maybe I will crave more water too.
  • cds193
    cds193 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem... and I eat all bran every day and lots of fruits and veggies but still have problems
  • jhoney8
    Options
    heehee sorry, i know i'm immature but your profile pic looks like you're trying to do what you're talking about.. heehee sorry!

Hah! I didn't think about it, but you are right. That's me getting tough with the fat.
  • emccand
    emccand Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that too, I think its because I am not eating so much junk food. My body is using the good stuff in the fruits and veggies and dairy I am eating and there isnt so much junk leftover to poop out lol, thats my explanation anyways ;0
  • dragonbug300
    dragonbug300 Posts: 760 Member
    Options

Agreed. It really puts your profile picture in context.
    I'd offer advice, but seems like everyone here has got it covered!
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I have similar problems. Up the fiber and water like everyone said. If you don't like water try something else. One thing I like is 6 -8 ounces of soda water with a couple of ounces of juice. You can find sodium free soda water and it's calorie free as well. The calories from the juice won't be too bad since it would only be a couple of ounces. It's very refreshing and not too sweet. Don't expect to go back to what you used to be as long as you are restricting calories. There is just less for you body to get rid of.