good heart rate monitor?

Options
I bought a watch heart rate monitor without a chest strap and it does not work at all! I think it only tracks calories I burn from the time, since it tracks the time kind of like a stop watch. I need a good heart rate monitor, but one thats not too expensive.

Replies

• KJ7777
    KJ7777 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I like my Polar Ft7, it has a chest strap.
  • Angela4Health
    Angela4Health Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 and it has a chest strap. Any of the polar's are great! You def need the chest strap, no matter what HRM you decide to get. The Polar FT4 was on sale on amazon last week, but I'm not sure if it still is. YOu should check it out though.
  • ilovecreg120809
    ilovecreg120809 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Polar FT4 and it has a chest strap. Any of the polar's are great! You def need the chest strap, no matter what HRM you decide to get. The Polar FT4 was on sale on amazon last week, but I'm not sure if it still is. YOu should check it out though.

do i have to buy the chest strap separate?
  • sammys1girly
    sammys1girly Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options
    Interested in purchasing one as well...are the chest straps obvious? uncomfortable? hard to put in the exact right place?
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Does a HRM track you whole day like the body bug? Or does it just track when you are working out? I also had a watch one and it never worked!