Fitness plan that doesnt require a gym?

Options
Hi! I am wanting to start working out to achieve muscle gain and a slight bit of slimming down. I am 5'6 160 lbs and not very active. The only physical activity I get is working in the kitchen 5 days a week 6 hours each day. I have also been eating fast food a lot lately and would like to change that. Any recommendations for a fitness and nutrition plan? Thanks :)

Replies

• siliconeskinny
    siliconeskinny Posts: 7 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hi there, i exercise 8 times a week and 6 of my sessions i do at home bcoz i loath gym but love fitness. Hot tip invest in a weighted vest theyr great for lunges or squats without having to fork out $$$ for a whole weights set :)
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Mark Lauren's You Are Your Own Gym books. All workouts are body weight or using the type of stuff you have at home and have full progressions (they take you from easier to harder versions of each exercise).

I followed his plans for about 9 months, when family life meant that I couldn't easily get to the gym, and made good progression.

Also, look up Al Kavadlo, his web site and you tube videos have load of information on specific exercises and training plans.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Read up on convict conditioning. There are also loads of free programmes on you tube.