Recommendations Wanted!: How to dress-up leftover chili

Options
2»

Replies

• PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Oo, these all sound pretty good! Keep them coming, I'm taking notes!
    @ladybug1620 -- I have half of the leftovers frozen! This is what happens when you go from cooking for 8+ to cooking for 2! :blushing:

I always make sure there are lots of leftovers when I cook, I have a meaning to my madness!!! LOL

I like to freeze my own "TV Dinners" for those nights I don't feel like cooking (sick, tired, etc...) It's also nice when we forget to make lunches the night before, than we can just grap one of my homemade TV Dinners and I'm all set!
  • jhoney8
    jhoney8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    What about adding some fat free cream cheese to change up the flavor/consistency? I like the other suggestions too, add veggies or add to a dog or burger to make it a topping. Yum, chili!
  • Soziberry
    Soziberry Posts: 115
    Options
    I make a big batch of chilli for only me and divide it into portions through the week. Have it with rice or pasta, in wholewheat lasagne sheets with some Quark, throw in some cooked potatoes and a can of beans to make a cowboy stew and my fave fill canneloni tubes with and pour can of toms over and top with cheese. Not all low in calories but some variation on look.
  • deb1130
    deb1130 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like chili over baked acorn squash or sweet potatoes, too.
  • g_coady
    g_coady Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I serve Chili with a dollop of plain 0% yogourt, and multigrain tostitos around the edge of the bowl, very yummy.
  • freakaleek1
    freakaleek1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Add some brown rice and and fill the chilli in to cabbage and make cabbage rolls
  • TacoGibbons
    TacoGibbons Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    (This would be a big dinner-salad) Bed of salad greens topped with 1/4 cup brown rice or quinoa and chili. I add the following toppings: cheese, diced tomatoes, black olives, red cabbage, shredded carrots, avocado, yogurt and pepitas! Nom! Nom! Nom!
  • Curvy1taliana
    Curvy1taliana Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Sorry if this was already mentioned but I would eat it with a corn Vitatop muffin (yum) or you could have it with a couple fat free hot dogs (50 cal each) and fat free or low fat cheddar and have chili cheese dogs!
  • thedreamhazer
    thedreamhazer Posts: 1,156 Member
    Options
    Here's what I'm doing, thanks to you awesome recs!

Yesterday: Served over mashed potatoes. Surprinsgly (to me) my boyfriend got positively giddy over this. Apparently it's one of his favorite meals (He never told me!)
    Tonight: Chili cabbage rolls. Yum! These will almost for sure be my favorite. I LOVE cabbage!
    Tomorrow: Cook up a little ground turkey to fill it out (I barely used any meat for the initial recipe) and make some homemade tortillas to fill for chilli burritos!
    Thursday: Might take a day off of chili! Lol.
    Friday: I am DEFINITELY going to give the zucchini chili lasagna a shot. I'll report on how it is!

Thanks for the help, everyone! These ideas rock!
  • FabCheeky
    FabCheeky Posts: 311
    Options
    Here's what I'm doing, thanks to you awesome recs!

Yesterday: Served over mashed potatoes. Surprinsgly (to me) my boyfriend got positively giddy over this. Apparently it's one of his favorite meals (He never told me!)
    Tonight: Chili cabbage rolls. Yum! These will almost for sure be my favorite. I LOVE cabbage!
    Tomorrow: Cook up a little ground turkey to fill it out (I barely used any meat for the initial recipe) and make some homemade tortillas to fill for chilli burritos!
    Thursday: Might take a day off of chili! Lol.
    Friday: I am DEFINITELY going to give the zucchini chili lasagna a shot. I'll report on how it is!

Thanks for the help, everyone! These ideas rock!

Awesome! Keep me posted! :)
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Stir into come whole wheat pasta :)

Better yet, spaghetti squash!

I don't like ss as a pasta replacement b/c well the taste is nothing like pasta but at the cottage we brought up chili by accident, thought it was spaghetti sauce from the freezer and I had already bought a ss so instead we added it to our bowl to make it extra filling and full of nutritional goodness.
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    Wrap some in a low-cal whole wheat tortilla with some lightly sauteed spinach.