Bariatric Surgery

Options
I am considering either gastric bypass or the sleeve procedures and would love to hear from people who have also had these procedures. My consult is on Monday and I need some "real life" experiences!

Replies

• fudie476
    fudie476 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had sleeve Dec 15
  • dkdavis251
    dkdavis251 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had the Sleeve Oct 30 and love it. I've lost 45 lbs. No problems at all. It's a slower weight loss but that's ok with me.
  • underfaker666
    underfaker666 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve 4 years ago my highest weight was 650 but drop to 547 on my first appointment I then drop down 80 more pounds for the surgery but one day before surgery I blew my gallbladder and had emergency gallbladder surgery then I had to postpone my weight-loss surgery one more month. After awhile I drop to 345 and things turn for the worst. Lost my home and me and mom were homeless . Depression kicked in and I lost focus eat only a little bit but due to money issues I stuck with Dollar menus and my weight started to creep back. I ballooned to 417 and went back to my surgeon do help. Anyway here I am ready for surgery number two in which they will do the complete bypass. I'm now 409 and used this app religiously so judging by what it says I should be 377 now.
  • LindaLou7931
    LindaLou7931 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I had gastric bypass surgery on Feb.15, one week ago today. I had the surgery to improve my diabetes and not so much for weight loss, but that will be nice. I was on five shots a day and three pills. As of today I take no insulin and one pill and my diabetes is fantastic. My high for the day was 117.
  • MezArcher
    MezArcher Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I have had a stomach sleeve and I am very very pleased with the progress!!!! had it on july 20th @ 139 kg I now weigh 84kg
  • dchell4u
    dchell4u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve 4 years ago my highest weight was 650 but drop to 547 on my first appointment I then drop down 80 more pounds for the surgery but one day before surgery I blew my gallbladder and had emergency gallbladder surgery then I had to postpone my weight-loss surgery one more month. After awhile I drop to 345 and things turn for the worst. Lost my home and me and mom were homeless . Depression kicked in and I lost focus eat only a little bit but due to money issues I stuck with Dollar menus and my weight started to creep back. I ballooned to 417 and went back to my surgeon do help. Anyway here I am ready for surgery number two in which they will do the complete bypass. I'm now 409 and used this app religiously so judging by what it says I should be 377 now.

• dchell4u
    dchell4u Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Don't get discouraged you have made amazing progress. I just started I'm hoping to lose 60lbs by September
  • aamb
    aamb Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    my husband had a gastric bypass in October 2014, he lost almost 8 stones and was approaching the weight I was plodding along with, so I started here again. there are times he finds things difficult, and he still can't eat certain foods. he has issues with his bowels, but on the whole he is much healthier and I think happier with himself. he was diabetic and getting to be insulin resistant. he has had no insulin (was on 5 huge doses a day)since the night before his surgery and is on one metformin tablet a day. he is maintaining well at around 13 stones 10 lbs
  • missjune23
    missjune23 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had rny in Dec. Add me if you'd like
  • Nixygirl
    Nixygirl Posts: 35 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm planning on getting it in May....I've got to lose another 60-70 pound before the doc will operate on me. My starting weight was 540lbs, I've been on here for a month and have lost 45lbs since starting.

You're all welcome to add me :)