Macros for a dog?

Options
Want to bulk my pit lmao how do you figure out a dogs maintanance calories

Replies

• Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Just like a human. When the weight changes, the are either in a deficit or surplus.
  • DannyDo678
    DannyDo678 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    @Chieflrg so multiply dogs weight by ten give +250 surplus xD
  • FunkyTobias
    FunkyTobias Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    Pits are pretty muscular, so I would imagine it would be similar to lean beef. High in protein and low in fat.

Oh wait. You mean macros for your dog's food.

d4ac9f730e6c4fb646a4f3732d42b143.jpg
  • eugenia94102
    eugenia94102 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Dog's age, weight and level of activity are necessary considerations. It's also useful to know the feeding schedule, and what you currently feed your dog. Whatever you do, do not change your dog's diet suddenly. Changes should be gradual.
  • granturismo
    granturismo Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Why do you want your dog to bulk up? Are you using the dog for fighting, pulling a sled or just want to look cool with a lump of muscle at the end of a dog lead?

You need to bring your dog to a vet if you are concerned about its weight. End of.
  • Rachel0778
    Rachel0778 Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    I'm totally jealous of my dog's naturally ripped figure. No bulking required for these guys! (although I'm sure your pup wouldn't mind extra food and exercise if you asked him)
  • sjohnson__1
    sjohnson__1 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Troll?
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    A dog can end up unfit. My daughter had a show Afghan hound who was built to run, and run he did. He never won at field trials however because he was easily winded. If he had more opportunities to run free, and often, he could have built up his stamina.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Fix your hair first
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    DannyDo678 wrote: »
    Want to bulk my pit lmao how do you figure out a dogs maintanance calories

I'm assuming you're kidding, but in case you're serious, please consult your vet.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,731 Member
    Options
    Feed it the neighbors cat.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    Why do you want your dog to bulk up? Are you using the dog for fighting, pulling a sled or just want to look cool with a lump of muscle at the end of a dog lead?

You need to bring your dog to a vet if you are concerned about its weight. End of.

This^^^