I want weight loss tokens

Options
I was watching a show recently and there was a character that had a 30 day token for being sober for 30 days. I would love to get tokens every time I lost 5 pounds, or reach another week or month. Food can be it's own addiction and sometimes it's so hard to stay motivated. I don't know the struggle of alcoholism but I do understand the struggles of food. Would anyone else appreciate those tokens too? or something similar to stay motivated?

Replies

• socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Join WW.
  • CollieFit
    CollieFit Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit confused. Who should be providing these tokens? MFP?

Do you mean real tokens or some kind of virtual badge like FitBit do?

Personally it wouldn't be my thing, but people are motivated by different things, so whatever floats your boat.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Awwwww. I LOVE the idea of tokens. Or badges. FitBit has them too. If there were tokens, users could have the option to turn them off.
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    CollieFit wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused. Who should be providing these tokens? MFP?

Do you mean real tokens or some kind of virtual badge like FitBit do?

Personally it wouldn't be my thing, but people are motivated by different things, so whatever floats your boat.

That would be cool if MFP would send us a special token evey time we accomplished 5/10/15 pounds etc. I meant real tokens, just to be able to have it in your hands, or wallet as a reminder of what you've accomplished once in a while. I may just do it myself with poker chips.
  • KAYRRIE
    Options
    socajam wrote: »
    Join WW.

Not for that price they charge per month
  • ald783
    ald783 Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    It's basic and chintzy but in the past I've strung together paper clips for each pound lost. You can hang it somewhere and as it gets longer, it's a nice visual reminder of how much you've lost.

At this point I don't really care much for tokens and markers of what I lost, but everyone is different and is motivated by different things.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought virtual badges. Virtual badges can be made up for the cost of the design. I'd say only premium members deserve physical tokens. IF MFP were to take it seriously, I want tokens that fit on a Pandora band.
  • KAYRRIE
    Options
    ald783 wrote: »
    It's basic and chintzy but in the past I've strung together paper clips for each pound lost. You can hang it somewhere and as it gets longer, it's a nice visual reminder of how much you've lost.

At this point I don't really care much for tokens and markers of what I lost, but everyone is different and is motivated by different things.

I like the paperclip idea and those come by easy too. Thanks!
  • KAYRRIE
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Oh, I thought virtual badges. Virtual badges can be made up for the cost of the design. I'd say only premium members deserve physical tokens. IF MFP were to take it seriously, I want tokens that fit on a Pandora band.

Now that would be an amazing bracelet charm.
  • courtneylykins5
    courtneylykins5 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I have a big jar full of dollar coins. I put another in for every pound I lose. I guess those are my self awarded tokens. I have no idea what I will do with it when I reach my goal(100 pounds lost). I just like the visual representation.
  • KrystinaMTL
    KrystinaMTL Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options

I have a big jar full of dollar coins. I put another in for every pound I lose. I guess those are my self awarded tokens. I have no idea what I will do with it when I reach my goal(100 pounds lost). I just like the visual representation.

I love both these ideas !!
    Thanks for the inspiration !!
    :)
  • HonestBuddha
    HonestBuddha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    A friend just joked with me that I need a Coca-Cola token LOL. I normally just say Coke, but people may not get that I mean soda :smiley:
  • HonestBuddha
    HonestBuddha Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Also, a friend has marbles in 2 jars. He takes the marbles and moves them over to signal the weight loss. This is motivation for him as well.
  • KiwiAlexP
    KiwiAlexP Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I have bowls with glass pebbles to signify the total to lose - half dark blue and half light. When I lose half a kg (about a pound) I move a pebble from the to lose bowl to the LOST bowl dark blue first - the dark blue are almost all moved
  • hamelle2
    hamelle2 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    KAYRRIE wrote: »

I like the paperclip idea and those come by easy too. Thanks!

It's fun to watch it get longer. I hang it on my fridge. Just remember you must remove them if you gain a bit. That helps too!
  • KAYRRIE
    Options

Love this idea. If I put a $1.00 for every pound I lost I will match that and go on a shopping spree when I meet my goal.
  • KAYRRIE
    Options
    Seriously everyone, you all have some great ideas. Doing any of these would just make it fun to keep hitting goals.