Podcasts?

Options
Having dropped down the rabbit hole that are diet and nutrition forums, I am left thoroughly confused. What's best, what works, do I really need to eat that?

Anyone have a suggestion for a general health podcast that isn't for someone trying to be zero fat or train for a triathlon? I am a 46 year old truck driver that is an extremely picky eater.

Just looking for some direction, and something to listen to as I put the miles on. Thanks.

Replies

• subversive99
    subversive99 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking of starting one, to be honest. It's exhausting trying to find advice that isn't extreme and/or trying to sell a plan or a program.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I love podcasts and listen to a variety of them (including some triathlon ones).

Precision Nutrition has some, and their information is pretty good, but it's on the dry side (I'd ignore the efforts to sell coaching).

For entertainment as well as information, I like EvilSugarRadio (spoiler: they don't really think sugar is evil, and have some good information and a variety of guests) and Sigma Nutrition (wide variety of guests, some I agree with more than others). For more fitness stuff I like the FitCast and (occasionally) Strength Matters and then some more running or women and strength stuff podcasts.

For diet/maintenance Half Size Me has good information/inspiration on occasion, although I haven't listened in a while. The interview of the Half Size Me host (Heather Robertson) on the Nia Shanks show is a great discussion of how to make gradual and then lasting changing that I'd recommend for anyone starting out.

Layne Norton has one that I used to listen to and I think many would like, although I found I was getting beyond so deleted it.

• rebeccabardet
    rebeccabardet Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    This may sound too generic, but the problem is that every diet works, just not forever. Check out audible.com or itunes for free podcasts. In the end, it sounds like adding some more activity (if you spend a lot of time sedentary for your job) and maybe implementing some simple rules like don't serve yourself seconds, avoid fried food except once a week, etc. Start small, and keep it moderate. Too many rules make us disappointed and destined for failure. good luck!
  • sladey_182
    sladey_182 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've just started to listen to Food for Fitness with Scott Baptie which is good. Been going for maybe 18 months and there are many different topics covered.

well worth a go
  • sterrac
    sterrac Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Have been on iTunes looking about but wondered what others listened to. Thanks again.
  • andrea_nichol
    andrea_nichol Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Searching for podcast in the message boards today and found one called 40+ fitness. I haven't tried it yet but the topics look good.
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Danny Lennon's podcast at Sigma Nutrition Radio is excellent in my opinion..

I also love the Shredded by Science podcast but I'm a bit biased as I'm one of the co-hosts =)