30 years old looking at getting pregant!

Options
Hello all!
I am a 30 year old female looking at getting pregnant this summer, but because of my weight I have highly irregular cycles along with a few other issues!

I love playing with my nephews, but find I get worn out quicker than I like. I love doing piggy back rides (with both boys in tow - haha) but I'm afraid as I gain weight, my flexibility and endurance has greatly decreased. I want to be able to play with my own kids like my Dad played with me.

A few years ago I was 160lbs (5'2") which was overweight, but I could fit into a size 10/medium. I've currently hit close to my highest at 220 (230 being my highest as of last year)! When I went back to school freshman 15 was more or less freshman 40, and I started hatin how I looked in clothes. My goal is this spring / fall Canadian jacket that I refuse to get rid of, but will only fit when I shave off 50lbs. So that's my goal and we will go from there!

The past two days have been rough as my partner and I adore food, and she will be trying to eat better along with me. I'm trying to slowly reduce my calorie intake with more water and walking to work (only 10 minutes) every day. The mornings start with push-ups and some other stretching exercises depending on my mood. My belly was sore today but in the good way, but man, I can't believe how out of shape I've gotten. I've never been able to do a whole lot, but 20 push ups and crunches and 30km bike rides used to be a breeze, and I want that back!

I'm optimistic about losing weight, I would love to be in my jacket for fall but if I am at least closer that will make a world of difference for me.

This community looks like an awesome place and I look forward to supporting and being supported during this road ahead. Encouragement is huge as it's hard when it feels like no one off here is pro-diet/exercise. ("Oh one donut won't hurt! Oh have a cookie! Oh have a second plate!" Etc) I do best when I can complete my calorie goals on here because it's like a game to win

Replies

• bigroo006
    bigroo006 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Long post, but good read. Don't doubt yourself, and take this one day at a time. Also make use of a food diary. I had no idea how many calories I was eating and hence the reason, I weighed closed to 400 pounds. It's easy to fix if you know the numbers. You can't beat science when it comes to the weight loss numbers, especially if you factor in any exercise. Good luck and God bless. Kids are awesome, I know I have one perfect angel. She's amazing.