Sugar Goal

Options
Hey everyone I had a question about my daily sugar goal. I am a big fan of fresh fruit but whenever I add fruit to my food diary it takes me way over my sugar allowance. Any suggestions? Does anyone limit their fruit intake because of this?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Unless you have medical issues you may not want to track sugar. You are already tracking carbs....kind of redundant.

Anyway - I personalized my setting to track fiber instead of sugar. Way more beneficial to me. Fruit is going to make fiber numbers look good.
  • beemerphile1
    beemerphile1 Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I changed it to tracking fiber instead of sugar. The goal is really for added sugars, not the natural sugars in fruit but it doesn't differentiate.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Once piece/day ok, unless really trying to burn fat. If so, then skip.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't limit fruit due to the MFP sugar goal. I would limit it if I were high on calories or low on protein or healthy fats or otherwise not eating enough of something I should include in my diet (like vegetables).
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great question! I am always messing up my sugar goal. I like the above posters comments about switching it to track fiber. I am going to try that. I can't eliminate fruit because that is my low calorie food in the evening.