Replies

• Dez11B
    Dez11B Posts: 1,542 Member
    Options
    Aw yeah
  • Cblsplcr
    Cblsplcr Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Yes their everywhere and Trump wants to build a wall to stop them.

• FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,833 Member
    Options
    Cblsplcr wrote: »
    Yes their everywhere and Trump wants to build a wall to stop them.

Lol! :lol::mrgreen:

I do believe and not to sound cuckoo but I have seen things that will never make me believe otherwise!

• cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Lol! :lol::mrgreen:

I do believe and not to sound cuckoo but I have seen things that will never make me believe otherwise!

Are you talking about that one trip to California? No, no...those are called weirdos. Aliens are something entirely different! :smile:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I feel it is a statistical improbability that life as we know it only exists on planet earth.
  • OldManOne
    OldManOne Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    OldManOne wrote: »
    Earth is in an exact position from the Sun, Moon and other planets - If Earth was a millimeter off from our current position, we as humans or life as we know it would not be able to exist here. So, from the science aspect - Probably not, but anything is possible?

The moon is drifting farther and farther away from earth each year at a rate of roughly 3.8 centimeters per year. Same for the earth and the sun, but at a slower rate. We can, and have survived millimeters off of our current position.

And even if HUMANS could not survive such a difference, that does preclude life as we DON'T know it, or even some life that we do know. Bacteria has been found to live in some of the wildest places on earth: near thermal vents in the deepest part of the ocean where no sunlight reaches, in hot springs and volcanoes, etc. He'll even some bacteria have been known to survive in space, some able to incredibly resist harsh radiation and repair DNA.

Actually not true - the moon orbits the earth in an elliptical pattern , at it's closest (Perigee) and at it's furthest distance away (Apogee). It's exactly where it has to be. Don't get your facts from Wiki - look to NASA. The moon controls tides of the ocean, if this were off, we would be in big trouble.........

• MommysLittleMeatball
    MommysLittleMeatball Posts: 2,064 Member
    Options
    The truth is out there.
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Earth is in an exact position from the Sun, Moon and other planets - If Earth was a millimeter off from our current position, we as humans or life as we know it would not be able to exist here. So, from the science aspect - Probably not, but anything is possible?

I would have to agree with this 100%
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

I seriously hope this is an attempt at humor.
  • blakeym
    blakeym Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    One could just replace the word "aliens" with anything not truly touchable or verified, in this realm. Insert Sasquatch, Yeti, God, Muhammad, astrology, ghosts, physics, karma, fate, destiny, magic and on and on and on.

It's really the same thing. Do you believe in something that is not here with us, that we cant see, touch, hear or smell. That's what believing is.....

Do rocks actually cross the dessert? most likely not, but if I could get 10,000 to believe it and they paid for the privilege to hear me convince them, and then each one of them recruited 10,000 people and they paid......and so on....(do you see where this is going?)

Not believing does not make one stupid, as does it not make one stupid to believe in it. That is the beauty of belief.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Considering how vast the universe is it would be pretty ignorant to assume we are the only species out there.
  • charlottemmarks
    charlottemmarks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I believe that if aliens exist, they haven't shown their faces 'round these parts due to fear because Jeff Goldblum is still alive. Will report back on the validity of this theory after his inevitable, gut-wrenching passing.
  • WYMANT0004
    WYMANT0004 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    N=R*fpneflfifcL
  • kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Yes I believe. And their blood type is (AB-).
  • AmandaOmega
    AmandaOmega Posts: 70 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    blakeym wrote: »

I would have to agree with this 100%

Except that we have found species of plants 5 miles beneath the ocean's surface, where there is no light, that exist entirely off sulfur. This flies in the face of what we're normally taught, which is that life cannot survive without sun, without oxygen, etc.

The only thing is that people normally think of "aliens" as intelligent life forms such as ourselves. The chances of that are minuscule at best; it is even more unlikely that they have developed a means of travel that can quickly and effectively move them through the universe at or above the speed of light (which is the kind of travel needed to get from the systems we've so far identified as being hospitable to the development of life). Most aliens are probably in the form of bacteria or other simple life forms.
  • cjferguson40
    cjferguson40 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    The truth is out there.

You can't handle the truth!

:wink:
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    Considering how vast the universe is it would be pretty ignorant to assume we are the only species out there.

I don't think anyone is assuming we are the only species in the universe...