Options
57cwjmfxk4yx.jpeg
Do you guys think this to much?

Replies

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Depends on what the rest of your day looked like and what you have set for your calorie intake for the day.

If it is within your range.. you're fine. Only you can really answer that.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    If you are logging carefully/accurately and within the calorie goal that gives you a deficit, you are fine.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It doesn't list the weight of the chop etc so it is impossible to say. Even then we'd need to know if it fitted in with the goal calories.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Your food diary will tell you that.
  • Elizabeth1515
    Elizabeth1515 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    majigurl wrote: »
    Depends on what the rest of your day looked like and what you have set for your calorie intake for the day.

Well my calories intake for the day is 1780 and I used for the whole day 1180. I had 2 scrambled eggs with kidney beans , lunch I had soup with 30g of pistachio nuts and a apple and then dinner! But my problem is have I had to much for dinner..
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options

Well my calories intake for the day is 1780 and I used for the whole day 1180. I had 2 scrambled eggs with kidney beans , lunch I had soup with 30g of pistachio nuts and a apple and then dinner! But my problem is have I had to much for dinner..

Again, not if you didn't go over your calorie goal for the day. You could eat all 1780 calories for dinner and nothing else all day if you want to.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

There is no such thing as "having too much for dinner." If you are within your calorie goals for the day, then no amount is too much. You can eat all of your calories for the day in one sitting, if you want to (though I wouldn't recommend - I'd be way too hungry) and it wouldn't be too much.

Eat as much as you want at one time within your calorie goal. If you're accurately logging everything, more or less hitting your macros, and are satisfied, then you're fine.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I don't really understand the issue. Only you are going to be able to know this. Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat? Because we don't know the measurement of that pork chop, chicken breast, etc., and whether or not it fits into your calories for the day.
  • Elizabeth1515
    Options
    emdeesea wrote: »
    I don't really understand the issue. Only you are going to be able to know this. Are you weighing and measuring everything you eat? Because we don't know the measurement of that pork chop, chicken breast, etc., and whether or not it fits into your calories for the day.
    I don't know exactly the measurements but the pork chop was 141 calories and the chicken was 154.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options
    I don't know exactly the measurements but the pork chop was 141 calories and the chicken was 154.

You need to be weighing your foods, especially stuff like pork chops and chicken, on a digital food scale. They are extremely easy to use and are affordable. I got mine on Amazon for around $10.
  • Elizabeth1515
    Options

You need to be weighing your foods, especially stuff like pork chops and chicken, on a digital food scale. They are extremely easy to use and are affordable. I got mine on Amazon for around $10.
    I have one but I actually didn't think of weighing it to be honest I just checked how many calories they were . I must do that from now.

• majigurl
    majigurl Posts: 660 Member
    Options

I have one but I actually didn't think of weighing it to be honest I just checked how many calories they were . I must do that from now.

[/quote]

One day wont be the end all if you go over because you are not sure.

Just get into the habit of weighing EVERYTHING! I leave my food scale out. No reason to ever put it away lol

• Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Options

Definitely! It made a world of difference for me.

Seriously, though, once you make sure you're logging accurately by using that food scale, don't fret over eating a larger meal in one sitting. My dinners are generally huge, since that's how I like to eat, and I never worry about it as long as everything fits into my day. My dinner plate is usually has more food on it than my husband's.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Personally, that just sounds like a weird *kitten* meal. If it were me and I were eating that many calories in a sitting, I'd make it a cohesive meal I actually wanted to eat... like pizza or tacos... or even something "healthy" but still cohesive.

Ditto what the others said about looking at the big picture.
  • Rosyone
    Rosyone Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten more mushrooms and cherry tomatoes, and salad greens to go with them. There's no reason to skimp on the low cal stuff.