Make me full.

What are some foods that keep you full but don't blow the calorie count?

Replies

• zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Loads of steamed veggies keep me full for a long time. I mix cauliflower, broccoli ,carrots and it tastes good. Broccoli fills me nicely for a while !

A serving of oatmeal with a Clementine comes in at around 180 cals and holds me over for a bit

A protein shake can fill me up for a few hours for sure !

A serving of Greek yogurt is @ 140 cals . you can add in some fruit slices maybe if you'd like.

• Vanessalookingood
    Vanessalookingood Posts: 135 Member
    lean protein, a baked potato, protein bar and a coffee, homemade chicken vegetable soup with lots of veggies.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    chicken breast and broccoli and cauliflower all roasted in the oven.
  • nickatine
    nickatine Posts: 451 Member
    Chickpeas, or any bean paired with a veggie and a protein source(fish,chicken,beef).
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Popcorn is my saving grace when I need volume without a ton of calories.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Learn to be satiated, not full...

But personally I like a nice piece of salmon, roasted potatoes, and a *kitten* ton of veg.
  • DavidKempe19
    DavidKempe19 Posts: 15 Member
    Try 100-200g of oats then add double that of milk/water. Microwave that beast and go for broke. Add protein powder and/or a spoon of peanut butter. It's not scarce on calories, but the macros are bretty good and it's guaranteed to make you full.
  • carolerunsalot
    carolerunsalot Posts: 96 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »

But personally I like a nice piece of salmon, roasted potatoes, and a *kitten* ton of veg.

I don't want to feel stuffed. Here is the way it usually goes though, oatmeal in the morning 7am, snack around 9:30 is usually an apple, orange, or the like. Lunch about noon that is reasonable, then at 2:00 I am starving the rest of the day and nothing makes the hunger subside. What in the world makes a body do that?

Before I was counting, I would just eat something and not care, but I thought after a few weeks of being aware it would get easier. Really makes the second half of the day difficult to concentrate on anything else.
  • luizaxxi
    luizaxxi Posts: 59 Member
    this cheese thats kinda like a yogurt called quark.. the brand i found in whole foods was elli. It has only 80 calories and they have delicious flavors like red velvelt cupcake and lemon.. it also has a ton of protein, i think 15grams. Whenever im feeling really hungry out of my meal times i eat one of it and it fills me up
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    cdgross81 wrote: »

I don't want to feel stuffed. Here is the way it usually goes though, oatmeal in the morning 7am, snack around 9:30 is usually an apple, orange, or the like. Lunch about noon that is reasonable, then at 2:00 I am starving the rest of the day and nothing makes the hunger subside. What in the world makes a body do that?

Before I was counting, I would just eat something and not care, but I thought after a few weeks of being aware it would get easier. Really makes the second half of the day difficult to concentrate on anything else.

How many calories per day are you eating when doing this?
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Porridge
  • Snchpnz2016
    Snchpnz2016 Posts: 5 Member
    I've found that a shake/smoothie with Greek yogurt, almond milk, frozen fruit pulp, and splenda fills me up more than if I eat just the yogurt with fruit. Pretty much the same amount of calories too since the almond milk just adds 30 calories per cup. Also eggbeaters are great! I can make a huge omelette for 125 calories per cup of egg plus whatever I want to put in it. I add fat free ham/turkey, fat free mozzarella cheese, onion, mushroom, tomatoes, or whatever I find in the fridge that seems to go well together. After eating all of that I feel so full that I'm convinced I've eaten more calories than what I logged.
  • riricici
    riricici Posts: 22 Member

I'm the same way; I've started getting to eat smaller meals and just load up the veggies. I've found some 100 calorie bagels, so that's a good morning snack with some cream cheese. This morning I had a hard boiled egg with my coffee which kept me for a couple hours, then I had some oatmeal with fruit. That kept me until lunch, when I made homemade soup (veggies with kidney beans, sort of a minestrone without pasta). I just had a 100 calorie sized thing of guacamole with a couple mini pitas, and for dinner will have a grilled cheese sandwich with the leftover soup and maybe a salad. It helps me to plan my whole day on advance, so I know what I'll be able to budget in. I'll have some fruit in between meals to help with my sweet cravings, which can be intense.
  • nature valley peanut butter granola bar crunchy
  • caroldavison332
    caroldavison332 Posts: 864 Member
    I've avoided rich foods since Lent started about 13 days ago and since then my appetite has fallen off. I sometimes forget to eat dinner. For that reason consider not eating refined carbs like sugar and flour. I eat lots of dried fruit because I can't eat the fresh fast enough and nuts. Had the last tablespoon of unsweetened peanut butter with chili and garlic right from the jar last night.
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    I'm sure it was suggested but..cauliflower "mashed potatoes" you can eat a ton of it, low calorie, delicious, with your protein of choice will fill you up!!
  • Shells918
    Shells918 Posts: 1,070 Member
    Today for lunch I had 2 oz of turkey, 1 oz of American cheese and 2 oz of avocado and made roll ups. Very satisfying.
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member

For me....it's protein and fat....if I eat a lot of carbs, I am starving, even into the next day. I try to keep my carbs as close to 100 as I can and eat more protein.
  • MaddyT122
    MaddyT122 Posts: 152 Member
    I've been munching on cucumber sticks as an afternoon snack. It seems to fill me up for a while.
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    I love salads for feeling full. You get a lot of food for not a lot of calories. I usually pack one with my lunch and it keeps me full all day.