How much does it look like I weigh? Don't obsess over your scale.

Options
VitaSh
VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
edited February 2016 in Motivation and Support
isupb8kerw1p.jpg
Honestly, if I went by the scale as I used to do before (religiously/daily) I'd be stressed out seeing my number. Currently, it's a much more objective number for me and only one of the ways I gauge progress. I have been seriously into fitness for about 2-2.5 years with mostly heavy weight-training..and only SOME cardio (in the past 4 months none at all, but now slowly introducing a little of HIIT a few days a week to slowly decrease my body-fat to uncover some abs and see some shred for my 2nd comp). Anyways, back to my point. I used to have higher body fat about 4 years ago but weighed almost the same weight that I see on my scale right now. The key is NEVER giving up, slowly grinding, making it your lifestyle, embracing the "suck" that it will be in the beginning. But eventually, there is no choice but to progress. Slow progression is best and easy to sustain. I was embarrassed taking pictures before, and for this reason I always have a hard time finding my before pics because I'm always clothed and most of them are when I was in my early 20s..and my mother is in possession of them lol. I am currently 27 years old and still working and setting goals. I love this lifestyle. So even though I don't have a before picture here, I just want to illustrate that the scale is not everything. Excuse the dirty mirror lol. So how much do you think I weigh? :) 5ft 7.5 in here

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Replies

• VitaSh
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AHH MY PIC was gigantic fixed it.
  • disasterman
    disasterman Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    No idea how much you weigh but you look fantastic! Congrats on your success and keep up the great work.
  • VitaSh
    Options
    Thank you disasterman, I guess I will just put it here, I weigh 158 lb (my normal, but according to BMI I'm 24.7 almost overweight there!) lol
  • samiraeh08
    samiraeh08 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Since you'really tall I'd guess 140?
  • VitaSh
    Options
    samiraeh08 wrote: »

158 :) ty
  • chubso2016
    chubso2016 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Whatever your doing.....keep doing it.....you look fab !
  • Altagracia220
    Altagracia220 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    My first guess was 125-130. I guess I was off. Nice job and great bod :)
  • antonioramir3z
    antonioramir3z Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I would say 140 in the right places ;)
  • VitaSh
    Options
    jazmin220 wrote: »
    My first guess was 125-130. I guess I was off. Nice job and great bod :)

Thank you, jazmin220. And amazing job on your weight loss while practicing moderation :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    VitaSh wrote: »
    samiraeh08 wrote: »

158 :) ty

Dangit! I was gonna guess 155!
  • ashleyylo
    ashleyylo Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Your BMI classifies you as neatly overweight? that is bonkers.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    VitaSh wrote: »
    AHH MY PIC was gigantic fixed it.

thats not the only thing gigantic right now, if you know what i mean...
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    5'7" 158 lbs? I think that's within the healthy range of BMI.

But the thing the sticks out to me the most is how great your skin looks, you look so healthy and fantastic.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    I'd guess 160 ...cos girl you look fine

• Sued0nim
    Options
    ashleyylo wrote: »

Checked thread ...I was close :)

And no it doesn't ..she's around 24 on the BMI scale
  • VitaSh
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    ashleyylo wrote: »

Checked thread ...I was close :)

And no it doesn't ..she's around 24 on the BMI scale

24.7 yes so if I have a big meal I can cross over to overweight lol so I'm "borderline" oh well I can live with that
  • Sued0nim
    Options
    You have a great body but I love your shoulders :)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    5'7" ? My guess is 130. The fact of my guess is that it doesn't matter. If the scale doesn't matter to you then it doesn't matter to me. You asked me to guess. You've got your head on straight.
  • VitaSh
    edited February 2016
    Options
    5'7" ? My guess is 130. The fact of my guess is that it doesn't matter. If the scale doesn't matter to you then it doesn't matter to me. You asked me to guess. You've got your head on straight.

I just wanted to make a point about how the scale is not always the best measurement and that girls shouldn't be afraid of weightlifting because they'll blow up into huge bodybuilders. All the things I used to think. And that quality weight is something you shouldn't be afraid of. BMI doesn't account for it especially when you adopt an active life style and don't see much change in scale weight sometimes. And thank you, took me years to get my head in the right place
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I was going to guess somewhere between 155 - 160 but I'm used to looking at athletic and more muscular women...who aren't worried about an arbitrary number.

Nice job...I've never really understood the obsession over a particular number on the scale myself.