Fitbit opinions

Options
I am looking into purchasing a Fitbit , not at all sure about what type exactly. I would love opinions!! I just really want accuracy!

Replies

• beastmode_kitty
    beastmode_kitty Posts: 844 Member
    Options
    Nothing is 100% accurate. But I find the Fitbit Charge HR to be pretty darn close. I'd say about a 10% margin or so.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Here's a link to the FitBit group: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/1290-fitbit-users

Accuracy for what type of exercise?

I have a FitBit One. I like that it's discrete (clips on my bra). It's not worn on the wrist so arm movements don't log steps. My cardio is step based, so it's fairly accurate for me. If I were a cyclist.....then not so much.

http://www.fitbit.com/compare
  • Heather_Nichole15
    Heather_Nichole15 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit one and it clips easily to my bra. I've had it almost 2 years with no problems. It holds a charge for about 3-4 weeks at a time and I get email reminders when it needs to be charged. It doesn't have HR monitoring, but it works well to keep me moving :)
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Love my One. Its the best Fitbit out there, but that's according to me. And what you need/want in a device could be different. Research them and think about what features are important to you.
  • halimaiqbal00
    halimaiqbal00 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit charge hr and it is very inaccurate for intense workouts. The calorie burn is ridiculously low. Upon visiting the Fitbit community pages, it seems to be a common complaint. For instance, during my kettle was workout today, my polar heart rate monitor showed that I had burnt 550 calories whereas the Fitbit showed 300 calories. Quite a large discrepancy that cannot be ignored imo. It seems to be fine monitoring resting heart rate but it loses it after you get out of that resting zone and into more intense Zones
  • seanator
    seanator Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I use the Microsoft Band. It isn't a fit bit, but it has a guided workout feature I feel like I can't live without. I put my exercise plan into the web site or phone app and it will then add it to the band. While doing my workout the band will tell me what exercise I should be doing. If it is with weights it tells me weight and reps, if it is a timed exercise it will start a timer for me and vibrate when the time is up. I find this to be the best exercise tool I have used and I used a Fitbit for a long time.

The only drawback I have found is that I cannot input actual reps into the band. So if my plan calls for 10 reps at 100 lbs. and I only get 8 reps it thinks I did 10.

Just my 2 cents!

Good Luck!
  • jeepinshawn
    jeepinshawn Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    There is getting to be at least 1-2 threads asking this same question every single day lol. You can seearch the forums and find tons of threads. It was a great investment for me, I love it and dont know what I'd do without it.