20 lbs down, 20 to go.

Options
I've been working on my weight loss since August 2015. I had my final weigh in for my weight loss challenge on Feb 20th. I started out doing Orangetheory Fitness and minor diet changes (cutting out soda, watching portions, roughly logging calories) and in January, when i joined a weight loss challenge i was doing OTF 4-6 times a week, weighing my food and tracking all my calories. I've lost 20 lbs so far, and i have 20 more to go, 13 of that before the challenge, 7 during. I feel AMAZING! I finally got sick of feeling disgusted or hopeless when i looked in the mirror. I got tired of making excuses. Now instead of trying to find time to workout, It's just a part of my life that i dont want to give up, and i wouldn't have it any other way. I cant thank OTF enough for all the motivation you've given me to keep going when i wanted to give up. And thank you to my husband for motivating me, keeping me on track and always being there. The before picture is from August 2015 and the after picture is from Feb 19th.
d5y0o1xwvnnu.jpg
1rpxs122fr49.jpg

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Looking great.
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Amazing! You are doing great!
  • blancoms
    blancoms Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Awesome! You look fantastic!
  • AngieGetsHealthyin2012
    Options
    Yay! You're halfway there, and you look so great! Keep it up!
  • dawnellemom
    dawnellemom Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Lallen377
    Lallen377 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!!
  • Bethie_ess
    Bethie_ess Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work!
  • luizaxxi
    luizaxxi Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    great work! keep it up =)
  • bnovak226
    bnovak226 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Amazing job!!!
  • doodieMama
    doodieMama Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Wow great! How inspirational! I want/need to loose 40lbs as well! You look fantastic!
  • heatherscherer1
    heatherscherer1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the kind words and motivation!! It wasnt easy but SOOO worth it!!
  • duqjag
    duqjag Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! Great job!
  • Omoe11
    Omoe11 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • roxannaalvarez
    roxannaalvarez Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,287 Member
    Options
    Much smaller…nice work!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    fantastic !!
  • haychc87
    haychc87 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic. I am roughly in about the same timeline and weight loss amount as you. I've lost 20lbs since July 2015 and I hope to loose another 15lbs. Great to hear I'm on similar track to others. Sometimes I get a bit frustrated when I read that people have lost 20lbs in their first 3 mths. For me it's taking a while but I feel like the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off. Changing habits is better in the long run than crash diets. Anyway, off on a tangent there. You look amazing and best of luck with the rest.
  • heatherscherer1
    heatherscherer1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    haychc87 wrote: »
    You look fantastic. I am roughly in about the same timeline and weight loss amount as you. I've lost 20lbs since July 2015 and I hope to loose another 15lbs. Great to hear I'm on similar track to others. Sometimes I get a bit frustrated when I read that people have lost 20lbs in their first 3 mths. For me it's taking a while but I feel like the slower it comes off the longer it will stay off. Changing habits is better in the long run than crash diets. Anyway, off on a tangent there. You look amazing and best of luck with the rest.

Thank you!! Yes, i get frustrated sometimes as well. I was really frustrated during my challenge because i wasn't losing as much as i'd hoped to. Now that its over, i keep telling myself the number on the scale doesn't matter, stick to my new habits and it will come off eventually. And the best part is, i feel great!

Keep up the good work! I love hearing other peoples success stories, it gives me hope :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!