SWEETS

Options
Is it smart to cut out all sweets or to eat in moderation? I have a really hard time eating them in moderation- I end up eating more than I want every time. If I don't eat them for an extended period of time, I'm thinking maybe I won't want them at all?? Help!!

Replies

• BarksatNothing
    BarksatNothing Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I would imagine that if you KNOW you are going to eat sweets, that you may as well launch a preemptive strike of extra cardio! That's money, er...calories rather, in the "bank".
  • AB1418
    AB1418 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    If you can't control it, it is probably better to cut them out. I have problems with moderation too. So i just have to say no.
  • kcpond
    kcpond Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. If I have chips or ice cream around then I will eat it all the time. So for me it is best not to have them in the house at all so I can't eat them on a regular basis. Out of site out of mind. It sounds like for you it would be the same way, better not have them around.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Moderation gets my vote.

I've lost weight eating no sweets. True, I think cravings are less....BUT

There is losing weight....step 1.....and maintaining weight loss.......step 2.

I regained my weight. Sooner or later I will need to manage my sweet tooth, because it's won't magically go away when I get to goal, and I won't give up sweets for the rest of my life.
  • marquisbob
    marquisbob Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Cut them out and make a healthier choice, you will feel better for it. Good luck. Feel free to add me if you like
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Whatever works best for you. There are no exact rules. We each have to find what works us and go with it.
    If you can learn moderation in all things, it may help become a sustainable solution for a lifetime.
    But we are all different and need to focus on what works for us.
  • bruhaha007
    bruhaha007 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I allow myself one block of a good quality high cocoa chocolate bar when I crave sugar. Only 5 grams of sugar and I allow myself only one per day if I'm craving. I'll even break that little block into smaller chunks and spread it out longer. Feel free to add me!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Is it smart to cut out all sweets or to eat in moderation? I have a really hard time eating them in moderation- I end up eating more than I want every time. If I don't eat them for an extended period of time, I'm thinking maybe I won't want them at all?? Help!!

You have difficulty eating them in moderation...so I think you've answered your own question. There isn't a right or wrong answer, this is a pretty individualized thing.
  • bryannapena398
    bryannapena398 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to purchase some protein bars for those sweet cravings. I like nu go slim or slim fast bars. Also there are many 100 calorie snacks that you can eat when having those cravings. Remember that cheat days are important, just don't over do it and stick to your calories on regular days.