Seeking female support!

Options
Hi ladies,

I'm Bridget. I'm 23, 5'8.5" and started my weightloss journey at 200lbs (January 25,2016). Weighed 140 at my lowest, but throughout college I was comfortably around 150-160. After studying abroad, my weight skyrocketed and now I'm working to get back down to a healthy weight. I've lost 5lbs and toned up quite a bit in the past 3.5 weeks, but it is so frustrating considering how hard I work.

Nutrition: Clean, no alcohol, no sweets, low-carb
Workout Plan: Katy Hearn (beginning of the 4th week)
Goal weight: 150 (140 if I can swing it), or wherever I feel happiest.

I try not to focus on a specific weight, but once I hit 200 I freaked out. Can anyone offer any advice? Is anyone in the same boat as me? Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated together!

Replies

• amgreenwell
    amgreenwell Posts: 1,268 Member
    Options
    Bridget, I'm not currently in the same boat but the past two years have been very similar for me. I'm 39 and 5'8.5'' tall.
    I started a desk job and gained 20 lbs in about three months. After seeing some photos of myself I started eating right, joined a gym and started a running program. I'd never enjoyed running before and now I'm obsessed with it.
    I never tried any "clean eating", low carb or anything like that, just ate within calorie goal and made sure I got my nutrients each day. Along with exercise the weigh just melts off and I was able to keep it off for a while.

I'm currently 33 weeks pregnant and am staying active, healthy and within recommended weight gain. It has been an adjustment not being able to run after about 22 weeks but I'm walking several miles a day and eating right.
    Just know that YOU CAN DO THIS! All you need is to know you are worth it and reaching goal weight is totally do-able. I was down to 135 before my wedding one year ago and felt amazing.
    I wish you luck!!
  • martinmommy
    martinmommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey Bridget! A year ago I got on the scale and was at 203! I lost 20 lbs just working out and cutting back on sugar and lost another 30 lbs since fall counting calories! I've lost 50 lbs in total, but the most important thing is just staying consistent! Good luck on your journey! If I can do it with all my horrible eating habits and feeling like I had zero self control anyone can do it!!!