Losing weight after stopped dieting

Options
lionkingbg
lionkingbg Posts: 33 Member
edited February 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
I was on a diet for three months and lost about 10kg over that period. During Christmas and NY holidays I stopped abiding by my own diet rules. I was also drinking a lot. A month later I checked my weight, expecting that i had regained few kilos. But, unexpectedly I lost additional few kilos. To be honest, I didn't give up some basic rules (i didn't eat white bread, sweets and sparkling drinks), but I stopped calculating calories at all and generaly didn't care what time I ate and how much I ate.
Is it possible that human organism keeps losing weight out of control? I still want to continue dieting, but I am concerned that everything are not under my control.
Maybe I didn't eat a lot because my organism reduced requirements for food? I am not certain, coz I stopped thinking about diet...

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Humans lose weight if over time, they consume less than the energy they put out. So without 'trying' or logging or 'dieting' you had a deficit and lost weight.

You don't have to avoid white bread, or eat at certain times to lose weight. Just need a deficit as an ongoing trend.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    Options
    You don't have to be on a prescribed diet or counting calories or whatever to lose weight...people lose weight when they consume less energy than they expend over time...which it would appear you were doing.
  • lionkingbg
    lionkingbg Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I agree. But, before diet I couldn't lose weight all. I was behaving similarly but without success.