Pet peeve!!

Options
ashayoc
ashayoc Posts: 23 Member
Ok so I'm going to play a game! List all the things you hate that other people say and do concerning yourself and your weight loss journey. Ready, get set, GO!

1. I hate when people try and tell your what your eating isn't healthy! I.e. A salad dressing you like, eggs, dark chocolate debates that type of thing.

2. I hate when someone says " your loosing too much " or " are you too obsessed with weight loss"

3. Someone try's to force you to eat something unhealthy. I.e. At a family gathering you refuse wine or cake and they get offended! I for one love cake and I let myself enjoy it during occasion this is a lifestyle change not a strict regime. However on the off chance I refuse it's world war 3

Okay go head guys !!! Your turn!!

Replies

• kchuskey
    kchuskey Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    1. Feet

2. Feet

3. Feet
  • _SpookyKitten
    _SpookyKitten Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    People who have to ask about every single friend request they get. I can see it from time to time if someone creeps you our or something but not every single request. Either add them or don't.
  • Splenda_Daddy
    Splenda_Daddy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    1. One slice of pizza won't hurt. You can work it off later.

2. We're at a Mexican restaurant. Why are you only ordering fajita meat and lemon water?

3. Talk talk talk talk talk (while I have my huge red headphones on)

4. Biggest pet peeve is when I can't stop looking at someone attractive at the gym. I annoy myself with that one. I'll be branded the gym creeper soon enough, I'm sure.
  • safeelone
    safeelone Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ^ So much number 4 man.
    Pessimistic friends. "Can you even do one pull up" gtfo!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    @ashayoc

You will find a common one here on MFP is improper use of lose vs loose ;)
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    3. Someone try's to force you to eat something unhealthy. I.e. At a family gathering you refuse wine or cake and they get offended!
    Pretty much this...people that label food is unhealthy.
    Also those like mentioned above, people that have to ask others for permission for friend requests.
  • safeelone
    safeelone Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Grammar Nazis
    Anti-Vaccinators who just want to argue without listening to your point of view.
    Conspiracy theorists
  • ashayoc
    Options
    1. One slice of pizza won't hurt. You can work it off later.

2. We're at a Mexican restaurant. Why are you only ordering fajita meat and lemon water?

3. Talk talk talk talk talk (while I have my huge red headphones on)

4. Biggest pet peeve is when I can't stop looking at someone attractive at the gym. I annoy myself with that one. I'll be branded the gym creeper soon enough, I'm sure.
  • ashayoc
    Options
    safeelone wrote: »
    Grammar Nazis
    Anti-Vaccinators who just want to argue without listening to your point of view.
    Conspiracy theorists

Grammar Nazi it's social media lighten up geesh I don't really type that bad !! Loose lose ok ok watever

• ashayoc
    Options
    I'm kidding but keep them coming
  • rreynolds2905
    rreynolds2905 Posts: 19 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1) "you don't need to lose weight or be on a diet"

I live in the South, most of the people I know LOVE food. While I am among the smallest of my friends.... It doesnt mean I don't want to feel better about myself.

2) "you are not eating enough".

I am very aware of what/how much I am eating, please do not offer you opinion when I didnt ask!

3). "Every one is allowed a cheat day".

Yes they are... just not every day!
  • Peter_Brady
    Peter_Brady Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    ashayoc wrote: »
    safeelone wrote: »
    Grammar Nazis
    Conspiracy theorists

Grammar Nazi it's social media lighten up geesh I don't really type that bad !! Loose lose ok ok watever

Not a Grammar Nazi. Just pointing it out that it is a pet peeve here.

I am not really on a weight loss (or loose) journey, so I really don't have anything to add. My fitness goals have nothing to do with the scale
  • VitaSh
    VitaSh Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Loose vs lose yep.
    Squat-rack bicep curling/chit chat time today was not fun.
    Ppl who make loud, gross animal sounds when they eat lol
  • shannie018
    shannie018 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When people tell me I am not young anymore and won't be able to return to that weight or fitness level.
  • This1Guy
    This1Guy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    When people end their sentence in "so".