Looking for motivation...

Options
Hi All

I'm new to the forums, looking for a little support. I'm 22 days into the '30 day shred' by Jullian Michaels and to be honest, can't believe I have actually stuck with it. I'm really not one for exercise dvd's, but have really started to focus on my health after saying it for years and doing nothing about it.

I've always struggled with my weight around my mid-section (I'm apple shaped) and this was the area I've always to change the most along with my upper body. I have been taking measurements but unfortunately only started doing it around day 11-12 of the shred. I haven't lost much weight on the scales - 1/2lbs at most.

The exercise isn't so much the problem but the nutrition side of things. I have really tried to cut out sugar from my diet and although it's now much better than it has been for years, I'm still finding myself 'cheating' on certain days. I guess my diet is 'balanced' but not 100% clean. I know if I had eaten better my results so far would have been better. Any tips on how you guys maintain good clean eating habits? I think half my problem is that my diet is too bland - very boring. I struggle with ideas and on most days I seem to just eat wholemeal bread, pasta, eggs,fish,cereals and fruits. Not a lot of variety and really struggle for ideas.

Anyways, sorry to go on. I'm going to post my results so far on the shread. (Please don't be too harsh :)) I don't really see any difference but do feel better and much healthier.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you
wp34kbuv0xec.jpg

Replies

• treehopper1987
    treehopper1987 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Hi Ally!

Congratulations on the Shred! I have started that program numerous times, and don't believe I've ever made it that far! lol I've been on mfp for several years, and continue to find myself falling off the bandwagon. How do your clothes feel on you? Are they becoming loose? Remember, as with anything it takes time. Some people do better with small goals to begin with such as just simply staying under calories or working out x amount of times a week. I suggest this with your eating, if that is your real struggle. Maybe don't focus on eating 100% clean, but cleaner than where you began? Also, if you think your food is boring, try spicing it up. There are some spices/herbs that can make your food a lot more tasty with little calories. I'm always venturing with food, but sometimes just talking to others can give you ideas for food. Feel free to add/message me if you want to talk more!
  • Ally2900
    Ally2900 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi treehopper - thanks for your reply. My clothes have definately started to become looser and in general I'm feeling a lot more toned and tighter. I'm definately going to continue with it as I've only got 8 more days to go. I think after this I will also try the next DVD of Jillian's. I think it's called 'Ripped in 30'. I was thinking about doing Insanity as my fitness levels have improved but don't feel ready for that quite yet! Small goals as you say :) Thanks for the suggestions of herbs, that's a good idea which I will definately try.
  • Kgerber777
    Kgerber777 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hey congrats on your progress! I’m going to be starting the Jillian Michaels Ripped in 30 next Monday. One thing that has worked for me in the past to help with my sweet cravings is to reward myself at the end of each day with a candy bar. But to earn that reward I have to eat well all day and be sure I have the calories needed available. This gives me something to work towards each day. You could also get some skinny cow ice cream. :)
  • martinmommy
    martinmommy Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I feel like you may be restricting yourself too much! The thing I like about calorie counting is that I can still eat the stuff I can't go without! If I tell myself I can't eat something then that's ALL I want to eat! I just make sure that I watch portions and if I eat junk for 1 meal the other 2 meals are healthy! I eat cookies and drink pop, but I've still managed to lose 50 lbs! Good job on sticking to the workouts Jillian is awful/awesome ☺ You got this girl!
  • anacsitham5
    anacsitham5 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I would love some motivational and supportive friends on MFP. I lost just over 50 pounds went up a little and then back down again but still trying to drop the body fat and gain more muscle. Would love friends to help me. Please friend request me!
  • Ally2900
    Options
    Thanks to all of you for replying and apologies for not replying sooner. Martinmommy - I feel you were right with what you were saying. I relaxed my diet a little....perhaps sometimes a little too much! :) But on the whole, it was very balanced. The main thing I did was cut back on my sugar intake. I feel that was very important and made a big difference to how I felt overall. I have now completed the 30 day shred as of yesterday (woo!). (I never complete anything!) haha. I took my last pic this morning and I was quite surprised when I put the before and after pics together. The results definately come in the last few days I would say. I'm starting ripped in 30 today but I know for sure it's going to be tough but looking forward to it. Anacsitham5 - well done on losing 50 pounds that's a huge acheievment. Make sure you are taking photos - it's a big motivation! I will send you a friend request shortly.
  • Ally2900
    Options
    7jg7stky242n.jpg

30 day shred results