waking up early as a positive start to the day

Options
So, I am NOT a morning person. And I start work at 3pm every day and as a result I find myself often sleeping in until 9 am or 10 am. Then I feel sluggish for the rest of the day and exercising seems like a mission.

When i do manage to get up early, around 6 am, I feel energised and keen to exercise...

Any tips for waking up early?? How do I get my butt outta bed!?

Replies

• RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Sleep might be more important than exercise. Can you exercise after work?
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Go to bed early is the easiest way to get up earlier.
  • tmoser512
    tmoser512 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. If I don't get up early and get my workout in A) I won't be nearly as productive and B) My chances of completing my workout are slim. I agree with Anna800 - go to bed early. Find a workout buddy or a scheduled group class to attend. If you have someone waiting on you or you have invested $$ in a class, you are less likely to skip. It won't always be easy, but you won't regret it. ;)
  • Fitlondongirlu
    Fitlondongirlu Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    So, I am NOT a morning person. And I start work at 3pm every day and as a result I find myself often sleeping in until 9 am or 10 am. Then I feel sluggish for the rest of the day and exercising seems like a mission.

When i do manage to get up early, around 6 am, I feel energised and keen to exercise...

Any tips for waking up early?? How do I get my butt outta bed!?

I set like 10 alarms haha and a few across the room so i have to get out of bed to turn them off. im like gahhhh annoyed then keep going off so can't sleep so have to get up. So weird the things that work.