what foods do you buy online

Options
What foods do you buy online, the special stuff not ordinary things like onions or chicken.

Diet foods, specialty items, snacks, deserts, hard to find stuff, health foods, even supplements if you do that, personally it all seems to be snake oil to me, and where do you shop online.

Any food items you buy online that arn't common whole foods.

These are some items I'm considering

I found light pasta online which has 40% less calories and 1/3 fibre by weight but they make you buy six boxes and I wouldn't want 5 boxes to go to waste if i didn't like it, I hear it tastes fine but some say it's a bit rubbery. company is fibergourmet

I also found 0 sugar 0 fat 0 carb 0 protein chipolte mayo.... it seems to good to be true but it has it's ingredients listed and I can see how they would be 0 calories except for tomato and the peppers. company is waldenfarms

I heard about supermilk chocolate (not fortified milk, it's more of a milk chocolate than dark) which is 65% coco and 25% suger while a normal dark chocolate at that coco would have 35% suger. In a article I read they have a special combination of cocos that makes it taste sweeter than it is.. no stevia. The leftover weight from lack of sugar is taken up by more milk. Problem is its sold by a company in GB and is like 5.5 British pounds ($) for the cheapest package. Also it has no nutritional information but someone emailed them and the cheapest package is in pieces of 20cal each. company is hotel chocolat

Am I allowed to post links to these items for people to look and comment or is that like advertising

Replies

• mishkins3
    mishkins3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    edit: "snake oil to me" i meant super-foods and supplements only
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I was hankering for some specialty pickles and almost ordered them online, but then I discovered that they were locally produced so I just bought some from the warehouse. Post all the links you want. It's your thread.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    protein bars because i get them really cheap with sales, also spices and stuff in bulk that i eat a ton of and can get cheaper
  • caseylizbeth
    caseylizbeth Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I order spices online. I'm actually part of a subscription called raw spice bar, they send you 3-4 spice blends each month for like $6. I cook with a lot of spices so it is really fun for me. I do naturebox as well, so healthy(ish) snacks
  • pomegranatecloud
    pomegranatecloud Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds, coconut oil, and some harder to find spices.